Trouble with PBA

sfgueller

Trouble with PBA

Postby sfgueller » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:16 pm

After I set up my HDA, I added a second hard drive that holds all my shares (RAID 5 with 1TB). All of my shares and apps work fine EXCEPT PBA. In an attempt to do a backup on my second drive, it fails every time. I have followed the wiki to the t and even chatted with some regarding this to no avail. In my fstab file it says nothing about my second drive. If I add a line specifying it, I completely lose access to it. Did I miss something adding my second drive? Am I doing something wrong setting up PBA? I have been working on this for a total of about 12 hours this week, and it fails every time. It boots correctly (new install on an XP machine) I hand I get to the backup menu, but it finishes instantly and says 0 files copied (or something to that effect). I have had 1 motherboard and 3 hard drives fail on my in the last 3 years, so this is rather important to me to be working properly (one of the main reasons I chose Amahi). Please help if you can.

moredruid
Expert

Re: Trouble with PBA

Postby moredruid » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:44 pm

some things off the top of my head:
- can you reach http://pba?
- how have you checked the permissions on the directories of that 2nd drive?
- how is the drive added (physical partition/LVM)?
- is it a fixed drive or USB drive?
- can you mount the drive on a different mountpoint and if yes is it writeable?

If you post your fstab entry for the first disk and the disk you added later I can also take a look at that. maybe it's just a mount point that's not defined correctly.

BTW as I read it you added a 2nd drive to a RAID 5. RAID 5 requires at least 3 disks so I'm not sure how to interpret your setup.
echo '16i[q]sa[ln0=aln100%Pln100/snlbx]sbA0D2173656C7572206968616D41snlbxq' | dc
Galileo - HP Proliant ML110 G6 quad core Xeon 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, 2x750GB RAID1 + 2x1TB RAID1 HDD

sfgueller

Postby sfgueller » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:27 pm

It is setup with 1 20GB drive as a system drive, and 4 250GB drives in a RAID 5 as a physical partition reading 750GB. I can reach http://pba (at least I could, after an uninstall and reinstall of PBA it appears that I have completely lost all web access to the installed apps). It is listed as /media/_home2/, and apparently does not have its own fstab file. The system drive fstab is as follows:

/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 / ext3 defaults 1 1
UUID=3e320143-b53f-42c2-ba72-e05d642ff37d /boot ext3 defaults 1 2
tmpfs /dev/shm tmpfs defaults 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts gid=5,mode=620 0 0
sysfs /sys sysfs defaults 0 0
proc /proc proc defaults 0 0
/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol01 swap swap defaults 0 0

I am definitely a newbie when it comes to linux. I don't understand what you mean by mount on a different mountpoint.

One other question though--if I remove and completely reinstall Fedora with Amahi, is there any possibility of losing my data on the RAID disk? If I were to do this, would it automatically recognize the RAID the way it should be?

moredruid
Expert

Postby moredruid » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:36 am

from your fstab listing I can see it is not mounted at boot time, the OS will look in /etc/fstab to find all filesystems it should mount.
you could check that by looking at /etc/mtab (which is the file with the current mounts as opposed to the mounts that should be automounted at startup).
if your RAID array isn't mounted you should mount it manually. I'm not completely familiar with RAID setups other than the ones I manage at my job, which are setup as RAID 1 mirror, data is on SAN storage, and those are usually HP/IBM/Dell enterprise grade controllers with great linux support.

there is only 1 fstab, and you should edit it so that your raid volume (not sure how it shows up in /dev/ or dmesg) is mounted on /media/home2. example of an fstab line:

Code: Select all

/dev/yourraid/yourpartition /media/home2(the mountpoint, where it should show up) filesystemtype (e.g. ext3) filesystem options (e.g. defaults) 1 2
the 1 and 2 at the and make sure that every once in a while your volume will be checked for errors with fsck.
echo '16i[q]sa[ln0=aln100%Pln100/snlbx]sbA0D2173656C7572206968616D41snlbxq' | dc
Galileo - HP Proliant ML110 G6 quad core Xeon 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, 2x750GB RAID1 + 2x1TB RAID1 HDD