Amahi Sync Issues

tduck0612

Amahi Sync Issues

Postby tduck0612 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:23 pm

I've upgraded my account to Pro and installed Amahi Sync this evening following the instructions online. I created a new share called Public with the path of /var/hda/files/Public as instructed. I added a couple of files to the share to test the system and found that when I went to verify if the files were copied to the Cloud all I got was a message stating:

This folder is currently empty.

Add folders by enabling a share in your HDA to be available online.

Am I missing something here? I checked my VPN setup and it shows " Active! Install a VPN client". Not sure what I am missing here. It seems nothing is connecting properly. Noob here with home networking. Any ideas?

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Amahi Sync Issues

Postby bigfoot65 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:42 pm

Might wanna check that the Amahi Sync Server is running. Check the Settings tab, Server link. Also from command line as root, you can do:

Code: Select all

service amahi-sync restart
Ensure you do not use Greyhole on that folder as it's not compatible with Amahi Sync. We are still working that issue.

Forgot to mention that you can see if any files are being transferred by watching the log. DO the following command line:

Code: Select all

tail -f /var/log/amahi-sync.log
You can also install the Log Analyzer (http://www.amahi.org/apps/loganalyzer)app and add the log to it. That will allow you to view it via web browser vs command line.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

tduck0612

Re: Amahi Sync Issues

Postby tduck0612 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:04 am

Thanks for the tips! I restarted the Server from the dashboard and it worked fine. Thanks for the help! Now I am up and running! :D