Amahi System Only Backup

mangerhome

Amahi System Only Backup

Postby mangerhome » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:32 am

I know this topic has been touched on, but my question may be a little different. I am very new to Linux/Fedora, rather comfortable with Windows terminology, which may not be equivalent (apologies).

I have a microserver with 250 GB drive on which Fedora 14/Amahi 6 are installed. There is also about 200 GB of "free space" for data. Being a linux noob, I did not use LVM, and based on my inexperience, Greyhole is not being used. Based on the wiki, I assume all the "system" files are within the partition called sda1 and sda2. Data space is sdb1.

Is there a way to back up just these "system" partitions and not include the data partitions? For my windows machines, I partition and image the system components separately, and have alternate backup for the data. This would be my goal for the server.

I've tried Clonezilla, which worked well, but backed up the entire drive contents. Fedora comes with Deja Dup, which seems straigtht forward, but I'm not sure which folders to include.

I appreciate any guidance.

tom

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Amahi System Only Backup

Postby bigfoot65 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:22 pm

Clonezilla will allow you to back up only partitions as well. Instead of selecting backup disk, select backup partition :)
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2