Amahi Sync setup

luvmnky2

Amahi Sync setup

Postby luvmnky2 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:02 pm

Hi,
I just upgraded to the premium account, and I'd like to keep my HDA system backup stored in the sync folder, but I must be dumb, I'm not seeing how to get the initial setup done for the sync (I'm sure it's simple and I'm not seeing it). I see this blurb under the Amahi Sync link on the dashboard:
"Please note that for the time being you have to create a share called Public (case sensitive) in the default location for Amahi Sync to kick in. Check the wiki page for Amahi Sync."

Where is the "default location?"

The wiki page talks about enabling shares for syncing but doesn't say how. I looked at my shares in the dashboard, and I don't see any new options there.

Thanks in advance.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Amahi Sync setup

Postby bigfoot65 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:12 pm

Create a new share called Public. There is a link at the bottom of the page for creating new shares.

Once you do that, anything you put in that share will sync to Amahi.org cloud. Notice the share name and path must be exactly as stated.

Go to your profile on amahi.org and select the HDA profile. From there you will see your settings and a link for Amahi Sync.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

luvmnky2

Postby luvmnky2 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:40 pm

Ah. Knew it was something easy. The "default location" bit threw me off. Thanks Bigfoot.

luvmnky2

Postby luvmnky2 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:36 pm

So, Amahi sync still is not working, but I think I know why. My greyhole pool root got changed a while back to reside on /var/hda/shares instead of /var/hda/files...

Based on the way the "how to" is written, I'm assuming the sync script has a hard-coded source location. If that's true, what are the chances I could get a copy of the source (or pointed at the location on my machine where it resides) so that I can change that little bit to point at the correct location?

Thanks.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:49 pm

You can check the wiki on acquiring the amahi code for development. The location for Amahi Sync has to be /var/hda/files/Public.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2