CrashPlan with Greyhole

clcorbin

CrashPlan with Greyhole

Postby clcorbin » Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:26 pm

Folks,

I installed the standalone version of Crashplan on my hda. Fundamentally, it works fine. The problem I have is getting it to work with greyhole correctly.

Here is what I have done so far:

1) Created a share on the hda (using web admin) called Backups that has permissions set to all users writable.
2) Moved the landing zone for Backups from /var/hda/files/... to /var/hda/files/drives/drive3/... (aka: the 2TB drive) so it wouldn't impact the system volume.
3) Locally mounted shares on the hda to /mnt/samba
4) TRIED to point Crashplan the /mnt/samba/Backups folder in Settings/Configure on Crashplan.

The last item is the hitch. Crashplan is telling me it does not have permission to use the /mn/samba/Backups folder. The permissions on the folder are the "normal" Amahi permissions of first admin user:users and they are set to 755.

I'm scratching my head at this point. Searches over the last week haven't given me the insight I need to fix this. Has anyone been able to successfully run the standalone version of Crashplan on their hda with greyhole successfully? If so, did you have to do anything creative to get everything working together properly?

I know the Crashplan app for Amahi is still in beta for f14. Does it resolve this issue? Would it be worth it to go ahead and sign up for beta testing and try to use the app?

Thanks!

Clint
--Clint

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: CrashPlan with Greyhole

Postby bigfoot65 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:18 am

Maybe try changing the permissions to 775 and see if that helps.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2