SOLVED: File transfer bug

CobaltPhoenix

Re: File transfer bug

Postby CobaltPhoenix » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:45 pm

I'm too busy trying to get Amahi to reinstall. It's refusing to install now. One error after another, nothing consistent. I tested my downloaded iso's hashtags. They were fine. Burned and verified another disk, no problem. Tested the memory and hard drive of the server, nothing wrong. Yet something keeps going wrong and it won't install. >< The only thing left before I give up on Amahi is to try and swap out the optical. Unless you have an idea on how to get the Express CD to work on a USB.

CobaltPhoenix

Postby CobaltPhoenix » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:42 am

Another interesting note. I have burned two install disks, using two different brands of media, two different burners, and BOTH fail the "Test this media and install Amahi" option.

I am currently working on documenting every error that pops up. What is puzzling is that I installed and reinstalled several times, and now suddenly install won't work. I am going to try a boot and nuke of the hard drive, and see if that solves it. I had solved previous installation trouble by destroying the partitions during setup. Boot and nuke will take a while to run, so it may be awhile before I can give you an update.

Errors received during install so far:
Unpack error with package glibc-common

unpack error with package kbd-misc

CobaltPhoenix

Postby CobaltPhoenix » Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:30 am

Okay, it looks like I have bad RAM. A boot and nuke did nothing to solve the issue. Oh well, I wanted to try that program out anyways. I ran MemTest, and it found 2,505 errors by the time I checked back and stopped it. Trying to isolate the bad RAM stick. Once I do, I will try installing Amahi again and hopefully it will work this time.