Pointers to start new Express Disc development

northridgegrp

Re: Pointers to start new Express Disc development

Postby northridgegrp » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:12 am

the rpms (relative to the f18 site) are:

Code: Select all

armv5tel/hda-ctl-4.2.12-1.armv6l.rpm armv5tel/hda-platform-6.2.7-2.armv6l.rpm i386/hda-ctl-4.2.17-1.i686.rpm i386/hda-platform-6.2.17-1.i686.rpm noarch/hda-release-6.9.0-1.noarch.rpm x86_64/hda-ctl-4.2.17-1.x86_64.rpm x86_64/hda-platform-6.2.17-1.x86_64.rpm
you can also build them from the hda-platform and hda-ctl source code with "make rpm".
What is the full package name for the amahi-sync? I forgot to include it in to my Remix disc.

cpg
Administrator

Postby cpg » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:25 am

i386/amahi-sync-0.20-11.i686.rpm
x86_64/amahi-sync-0.20-11.x86_64.rpm
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1

cpg
Administrator

Postby cpg » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:25 pm

With the release of the Fedora 19 release, which has ruby 2.0 and other tools that are presumably more up to date, we're going to try and jump to Fedora 19 and build an express ISO download of Amahi 7 on it.
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1

northridgegrp

Postby northridgegrp » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:51 pm

With the release of the Fedora 19 release, which has ruby 2.0 and other tools that are presumably more up to date, we're going to try and jump to Fedora 19 and build an express ISO download of Amahi 7 on it.
Soooo.... you're recommending that I should shift to F19? I don't mind just want to make sure of this. How soon would the A7 repo be ready for F19 downloads? I can still pursue things with out A7 as I would go down the Remix path first.

cpg
Administrator

Postby cpg » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:31 pm

The F19 repo is available.

FYI, each repo has a file called repodata/repomd.xml. Once you get it it gives you the names of other files, like *-repodata/<someSHA1SUM>-primary.xml.gz which has all the files in the repo listed in it.

Allso, we have a first test ISO of Amahi 7 on F19 today. Not everything is working yet, but it's progress from F18.

northridgegrp

Postby northridgegrp » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:59 pm

FYI, each repo has a file called repodata/repomd.xml. Once you get it it gives you the names of other files, like *-repodata/<someSHA1SUM>-primary.xml.gz which has all the files in the repo listed in it.

Also, we have a first test ISO of Amahi 7 on F19 today. Not everything is working yet, but it's progress from F18.
In my last few builds I was doing modification work on the XML files as the anaconda lists were getting a little dirty and needed cleaning. BTW the ...comps.xml file is where I was doing the mods to put mariadb and amahi repos in to the Core group.

So more than one of you (I noticed the reference to "we") have an iso? Excellent! Then perhaps I should just leave all of this with you guys from here? I don't mind backing away at this point if things are under control. The main thing is that you have the knowledge and technology components to do a build. Please let me know.

northridgegrp

Postby northridgegrp » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:57 am

Also, we have a first test ISO of Amahi 7 on F19 today. Not everything is working yet, but it's progress from F18.
In my last few builds I was doing modification work on the XML files as the anaconda lists were getting a little dirty and needed cleaning. BTW the ...comps.xml file is where I was doing the mods to put mariadb and amahi repos in to the Core group.

So more than one of you (I noticed the reference to "we") have an iso? Excellent! Then perhaps I should just leave all of this with you guys from here? I don't mind backing away at this point if things are under control. The main thing is that you have the knowledge and technology components to do a build. Please let me know.
Here is a project from the Google Summer of Code that you might want to keep an eye on :
On-Demand Fedora Build Service (http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/prop ... amitsaha/1)

northridgegrp

Postby northridgegrp » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:12 am

Allso, we have a first test ISO of Amahi 7 on F19 today. Not everything is working yet, but it's progress from F18.
Yes I am aware of this XML file. I was doing work with the ...comps.xml file. This file contains the "Environment Groups" used by Fedora. This is where I introduced the mariadb and A7 packages as "default" in to the "Core" group. This allows for the "Minimal Install" and "GNOME Desktop" groups to install the default packages in Core for new F18 installations.

cpg
Administrator

Postby cpg » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:49 pm

Sure thing. It's fairly clear that the process of building ISOs is rather convoluted.

If you guys want to help with one thing to make this easier, a great project is to develop a "spoke" for Anaconda to take the Amahi install code from the user.

A spoke is an anaconda widget to take input from the user. Examples are the data/time, keyboard selection, language selection spokes: http://worldofgnome.org/uploads/2012/10 ... 00x393.png

In particular the most similar ones are the root password and the user creation, which are mandatory (the install goes on, but it's not finished until these are done).

These things are implemented in python and glade (glade 3, i believe), so maybe this is a good python project! Here is how to get the anaconda code:

Code: Select all

git clone git://git.fedorahosted.org/git/anaconda.git cd anaconda git checkout f19-branch cd pyanaconda/ui/tui/
after that, I think starting from the spokes/password.py file might be the simplest way. I am not sure how this is tested. One can build the anaconda package and jam it into an iso to boot it. However, there may be simpler ways of doing it.