For those of you that are wondering why we have not released any of the ownCloud v5.0.x versions. Unfortunately this release series is very buggy and not stable enough to warrant a production release in to the Amahi Community. Especially for those of us that have a "vested" investment in a lot of data currently being stored in ownCloud v4.5.x. Upgrading to V5.0.x has some chronic issues at the moment.
Here are some of the chronic issues currently:
1. After upgrade some users see "phantom" shared directories from other users. User cannot navigate in to them. Recommended work around is to truncate the SQL file cache table. That gets rid of the phantom directories but leads to another set of problems...
2. After truncating the file cache table sharing is somewhat broken for previous shared directories and files from ownCloud v4.5.x data.
- Sharing by link, shared user sees the file name but when trying to use the file an error is displayed, "The file requested cannot be loaded."
- Sharing by security group, Shared folder appears with warning message, "You don't have write permissions here". Shared user sees the shared folder but files appear as text documents and not their native file format (ods, odt).
- Sharing by file, Shared folder appears with warning message, "You don't have write permissions here". Shared user sees the shared folder but files appear as text documents and not their native file format (ods, odt).
3. PDF viewer has no apparent "close" button to exit file after viewing.
These issues will be reported to the ownCloud Community shortly as were previous releases issues were reported.
Please ensure that you ALWAYS update to the latest Amahi release of v4.5.x as it WILL BE required when we do go forward to a v5.0.x release.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest