OwnCloud Installation

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: OwnCloud Installation

Postby bigfoot65 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:59 am

Understand. This is one of those things that applies to other apps and uses as well. Once we know the right answer, it will be best for all.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

olson

Postby olson » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:46 am

Yup, anything that uses apache (or really any type of webserver) could potentially have issues... depending on what the answer is :).

genel

Postby genel » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:13 pm

Sorry I have not been around much... The brand new boot drive on my HDA server crashed and I have been pretty busy getting things working again.

I now have owncloud working through greyhole. It took a little finagling, but I got it to work.

If you just point owncloud at /mnt/samba/owncloud it gives you an error message (in the web page) that complains that others are allowed to list some directory. Apparently, it wants exclusive, others can't even list the contents, access to its directories.

I fixed this kinda brute force by adding a "special cases" section to mount_shares_locally and dismounting/remounting the owncloud share with dir_mode=0770. This made it work, though it makes me have a unique version of mount_shares_locally. Now if I put something in the owncloud directory I can see greyhole move it to the pool.