Manual owncloud V4.0.6 Install on Amahi

northridgegrp

Manual owncloud V4.0.6 Install on Amahi

Postby northridgegrp » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:23 am

This is more a question (for bigfoot65) on the installation of web-apps that are not currently packaged for Amahi.

I have installed owncloud V4.0.6 (current version) on a CentOS LAMP server with out any major challenges. Currently I am trying to install it on Amahi for Fedora 14. I have researched (web app config on Amahi), read, and attempted an install. Currently I get a blank screen (no errors)on a first time access to owncloud. First time access completes the owncloud install on a server.

Any suggestions? Do you guys have any background information from your owncloud V3 alpha that might be of help?

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Manual owncloud V4.0.6 Install on Amahi

Postby bigfoot65 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:32 pm

Our app does not do anything special. All the files are in /var/hda/web-apps/owncloud/html directory. Did you change ownership of the files to apache:users?

We probably need to update our app. I will add it to my list.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

northridgegrp

Postby northridgegrp » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:24 pm

Yes I did set the ownship to apache:users. This time i did manage to get the ownclould setup screen and completed the install.

Unfortunately when it tries to go to the app I get the following error:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, root@localhost and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
---------------------------
Where can I find the server error log?

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:53 pm

Look in the app directory for the logs folder. Is there a MySQL database with it? If so, did you create it?
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:40 pm

Have you seen this link.

http://ubuntuserverguide.com/2012/05/in ... 4-lts.html

May require some slight modification, but should work with Amahi.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

northridgegrp

Postby northridgegrp » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:28 pm

In response to your reply on Aug 9th:

1. Yes I created the MySQL owncloud database and user in advance. When I ran owncloud for the first time the install
final created tables in the database and created the first owncloud user ID correctly.

2. I looked at the error log and found this:

[Fri Aug 10 19:15:44 2012] [alert] [client 192.168.0.160] /var/hda/web-apps/owncloud/html/.htaccess: ErrorDocument not allowed here
=======================

Then I compared the .htaccess file owncloud created on my LAMP test server and it contained the same contents
as the .htaccess file on my Amahi server.

3. I think I will try your suggestion at installing owncloud manually without creating a web-app directory in Amahi.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:01 pm

You have one of two choices with the .htaccess file. Rename it to .htaccess.tmp or edit the web app .conf file and change the lines near the bottom to this:

Options Indexes FollowSymLinks +ExecCGI
AddHandler fcgid-script .fcg
AllowOverride FileInfo Limit Options Indexes
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

northridgegrp

Postby northridgegrp » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:32 pm

Regarding your post on Aug 10th:

1. This is the same install procedure as I have used my LAMP server.
2. This is the same install I've been doing to the web-app directory I created for Amahi which resulted in the error.
3. I tried installing owncloud in a similar fashion in the web-apps directory. Amahi Dashboard keep intercepting the url to owncloud.

Suggestions?

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:42 am

Did you use the link in the dashboard under apps called "Web App"? That creates the web app directory and the .conf file. If you did that, then Amahi would direct the browser to the html directory of the web app created.

The .conf file I referred to is 1###-webappname.conf in the /etc/httpd/conf.d directory for that web app.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

northridgegrp

Postby northridgegrp » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:55 am

Looks like we have a winner!

1. I stayed with the traditional creation of an Amahi web-app directory for owncloud.
2. I did an edit on the 1###-webappname.conf file Amahi created for owncloud in the /etc/httpd/conf.d directory as recommended.

Changed the lines near the bottom to this:

Options Indexes FollowSymLinks +ExecCGI
AddHandler fcgid-script .fcg
AllowOverride FileInfo Limit Options Indexes
Order allow,deny
Allow from all

3. Copied all of the owncloud V4.0.6 directories to "/var/hda/web-apps/owncloud/html/".
4. Went to the directory "cd /var/hda/web-apps/owncloud/" and entered "chown -Rh apache:users owncloud" (the LAMP installation
instructions from owncloud support recommend "apache:apache)". I stayed with the Amahi recommendation as I wanted to have owncloud
operational on Amahi.
5. Did a server reboot (I did not try an apache or hda restart).
6. On the server console, started the internet browser, and entered "http://owncloud".
7. owncloud when first accessed will prompt for final installation instructions (this includes setting up an owncloud admin account).
I did the final install steps. By the way owncloud has it's own application security, does not use the host O/S account system.
8. After the steps are completed owncloud should prompt for a logon (only account at this point is the admin).
Yes it did prompt and owncloud was operational.
9. Also to verify network access I logged on using one of my Linux computers and tried "http://owncloud.AmahiServerName". Worked great!

I still have to do some testing to verify the installation but I am very confident so far that all is well as I have my LAMP server
owncloud installation to compare against.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D