Android Client

genel

Android Client

Postby genel » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:25 pm

I use a Nexus 7 table for a lot of stuff. I really love this table. I would much rather read something on the table than on a PC screen. So I put a lot of PDF files up on owncloud so I can then read them with the Nexus.

So far I have tried the ownCloud client for Android for this purpose. I hate to be rude, but this client sucks. It does not have access to any of the owncloud apps, just the files (no calendar, contacts or bookmarks). Even the files access is pretty weak, you can't even look at a picture unless you download it first.

Right now I am trying to access the files with WebDAV Nav Lite. That seems to work ok, but is not much different than the owncloud app.

So, is anyone else accessing owncloud from android? Do you use an app or just a web browser.

evylrat

Re: Android Client

Postby evylrat » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:01 am

I too would like an answer to this. Thinking of replacing a netbook with a tablet, but would still like to be able to view pdfs and other documents on the tablet. Do we have to connect via OpenVPN? I notice there's a project on Kickstart that promises an easy way to share your files so you can access it on all devices without resorting to using OwnCloud (which I couldn't get to work with Greyhole anyway).

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:47 am

Might consider trying Amahi Sync. It has it's own Android client and works fairly well for file access. No VPN is required, just the app.
http://www.amahi.org/apps/amahi-sync
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

evylrat

Postby evylrat » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:33 am

Might consider trying Amahi Sync. It has it's own Android client and works fairly well for file access. No VPN is required, just the app.
http://www.amahi.org/apps/amahi-sync
Thanks for the quick response. I thought Amahi Sync would be a viable option, and I was going to mention it in my reply.

evylrat

Postby evylrat » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:02 am

I tried two Android clients yesterday; ASTRO Cloud & File Manager and ES File Explorer. Both have the ability to access LAN files. I was able to browse files held on my HDA, open PDFs and images. This will only work within your HDA network (within wifi range). You'll have to use the VPN trick if you want to access them remotely.

WheelsValet

Postby WheelsValet » Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:03 am

Hi, Ive been using Amahi app for android, and all works great, except pdf's for some reason errors a network access issue, no matter what pdf app i use, all permissions are granted for amahi and the pdf app, have reinstalled the pdf apps, but still only pdf's i can't open. I'm using adobe acrobat pdf.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:58 pm

Please submit a bug report and post the number here.

BTW, in the future start a new thread this topic is more than 6 years old.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2