Ubuntu server/amahi Sata raid

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Ubuntu server/amahi Sata raid

Postby bigfoot65 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:42 pm

Did you add all your drives to the storage pool? Also did you set the per share number of copies?

Greyhole will only do what you tell it to in regards to number of copies. If you don't specify max, it will copy to the one with the most free space typically.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

pbecks1963

Re: Ubuntu server/amahi Sata raid

Postby pbecks1963 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:13 pm

Did you add all your drives to the storage pool? Also did you set the per share number of copies?

Greyhole will only do what you tell it to in regards to number of copies. If you don't specify max, it will copy to the one with the most free space typically.
I added sdb1 (700gb) and sdc1 (500gb) (the sata drives) to the storage pool. I didn't add sda1 (because off the warning in the dash/storage pool that it is still in development).

How do i set the per share cumber of copies? (sorry for the dumb question, i have got the manual in front off me but can't find the answer)

ps: i am reading through the manual again.. i editted the etc/fstab once. In the manual i thought i saw the same thing again, (use the hard disk for all shares) (so i skipped that). Wrong?

ps2: just deleted al shares in the dash. no need to mv files..

ps3: just found where i can set the per share number off copies..