So after two days

richgrech

Re: So after two days

Postby richgrech » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:15 am

Looks like there is some problem with webapps redirecting to the right port.

Installed logitech media server

Code: Select all

Setting up logitechmediaserver (7.7.2) ... Adding system user `squeezeboxserver' (UID 116) ... Adding new user `squeezeboxserver' (UID 116) with group `nogroup' ... Not creating home directory `/usr/share/squeezeboxserver'. Making sure that Logitech Media Server is not running first: No process in pidfile '/var/run/logitechmediaserver.pid' found running; none killed. Starting Logitech Media Server. Processing triggers for ureadahead ... Making sure that Logitech Media Server is not running first: Starting Logitech Media Server. App: Logitech Media Server installed ======= app install end @ Wed Sep 26 06:52:43 -0400 2012 ==========
Pointing my browser to squeeze/ just gives me this:

But going to squeeze.home.com:9001 brings me to the correct location...

Same thing happens if I go to http://192.168.1.10/ in my browser. It doesn't load the amahi dashboard, gives me the same apache directory listing page as above. But going to hda/ works fine.

From /etc/httpd/conf.d/1000-squeeze.conf

<VirtualHost *:80> ServerName squeeze ServerAlias squeeze.home.com DocumentRoot /var/hda/web-apps/squeeze/html <Directory "/var/hda/web-apps/squeeze/html"> Options Indexes FollowSymLinks +ExecCGI AddHandler fcgid-script .fcg AllowOverride FileInfo Limit Options Indexes Order allow,deny Allow from all </Directory> ErrorLog /var/hda/web-apps/squeeze/logs/error_log CustomLog /var/hda/web-apps/squeeze/logs/access_log combined env=!dontlog </VirtualHost>

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:47 am

That is a DNS problem. Did you turn off DHCP and DNS on your router? When you select the app, it should route to appname.home.com or whatever your domain is named. The port number will automatically tag on based on the app configuration.

I have tested this app a few times in the past day or so and works fine. That suggests there is some problem on your end. Since you are having similar issues with the HDA dashboard, suggest you consider restarting your network. It might need a fresh boot of all connections.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

richgrech

Postby richgrech » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:03 am

Yeah - everything on the network has been powered off but I can try again when I get home tonight. Also something that I didn't think of was flushing the DNS cache in windows which I'll also try later on.

richgrech

Postby richgrech » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:31 pm

That is a DNS problem. Did you turn off DHCP and DNS on your router? When you select the app, it should route to appname.home.com or whatever your domain is named. The port number will automatically tag on based on the app configuration.

I have tested this app a few times in the past day or so and works fine. That suggests there is some problem on your end. Since you are having similar issues with the HDA dashboard, suggest you consider restarting your network. It might need a fresh boot of all connections.
So I wound up reinstalling server again and have the same problem with squeeze. I don't really think it's a DNS issue with my router because that's disabled.

If I type in squeeze/ it does not redirect.

But if I go to http://squeeze.home.com:9001 manually it takes me to the right place. So I think the server is not setup correctly to route this inbound alias request to port 9001. What files can I check for this?

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:50 pm

Recommend you check /var/log/amahi-app-install.log and the log files in /var/hda/web-apps/squeeze/logs folder.

There is something fishy going on with your network as I have tested it several times on VMs and works fine. If it is not automatically redirecting, then there is some sort of DNS issue.

Did you check your client to see what it shows for DHCP and DNS? Maybe try another client. I presume you are not running any firewall or other servers that might be causing the issue.

Just seems odd that you manually have to enter the URL. You can also enter http://squeeze:9001 and should get the page as well.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

richgrech

Postby richgrech » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:51 pm

For further verification...I installed webmin and when going to webmin/ i am correctly redirected to webmin.home.com:10000

so something is up with how logitech is being installed and configured

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:58 pm

Interesting. Maybe the install is not successful. BTW, when you uninstall, ensure you check that the deb package is removed. I think the app does it, but just in case recommend you try:

sudo apt-get purge logitechmediaserver
Might wanna try doing that as squeezeboxserver as well. Then check for left behind config files. Look in /etc and /usr/share or do:

sudo find / -name squeeze*
If you had a previous version installed, it may have left behind something that is causing conflict.

UPDATE: I think I might have found the problem. Try uninstall and reinstalling. Sorry I think it was my fault.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

richgrech

Postby richgrech » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:11 pm

It's working correctly now...thanks for fixing!

othey

Postby othey » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:36 am

Hi I am having the same problem with "There are no dynamic DHCP leases outstanding at this time." It was working up until a few days ago.
Also I am getting a blank page for app logs and logs.

I am also getting http 500 when I click new web app i.e click new web app choose name and location and click create.
It also seems if I choose to install an app it installs fine but when I click the link i.e gallery.home.com it says not found.The dns entry in bind is there same as in apache.

I am not sure where the log files are located so I can check ?

Edit: looks like it was a permission thing for the app log the production.log wasn't at 666

Here is the output when I try and add a custom app

Processing WebappController#new_path_check (for 192.168.1.52 at 2012-09-27 19:20:57) [POST]
Parameters: {"authenticity_token"=>"2eLZ2bzzr4mN+cmbK6I6+/s9iVB3kZvfRlQ6e+AiXfs=", "action"=>"new_path_check", "controller"=>"webapp", "path"=>"/var/hda/web-apps/music"}
Completed in 104ms (View: 4, DB: 84) | 200 OK [http://hda.home.com/webapp/new_path_check]

Processing WebappController#create (for 192.168.1.52 at 2012-09-27 19:20:58) [POST]
Parameters: {"create_webapp"=>" Create » ", "authenticity_token"=>"2eLZ2bzzr4mN+cmbK6I6+/s9iVB3kZvfRlQ6e+AiXfs=", "name"=>"music", "action"=>"create", "controller"=>"webapp", "path"=>"/var/hda/web-apps/music"}

Errno::EACCES (Permission denied - /var/hda/web-apps/music):
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/fileutils.rb:243:in `mkdir'
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/fileutils.rb:243:in `fu_mkdir'
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/fileutils.rb:217:in `mkpath'
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/fileutils.rb:215:in `reverse_each'
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/fileutils.rb:215:in `mkpath'
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/fileutils.rb:201:in `each'
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/fileutils.rb:201:in `mkpath'
app/models/webapp.rb:58:in `before_create_hook'
app/controllers/webapp_controller.rb:27:in `create'
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/phusion_passenger/rack/request_handler.rb:92:in `process_request'
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/phusion_passenger/abstract_request_handler.rb:207:in `main_loop'
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/phusion_passenger/railz/application_spawner.rb:418:in `start_request_handler'
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/phusion_passenger/railz/application_spawner.rb:358:in `handle_spawn_application'
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/phusion_passenger/utils.rb:184:in `safe_fork'
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/phusion_passenger/railz/application_spawner.rb:354:in `handle_spawn_application'
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/phusion_passenger/abstract_server.rb:352:in `__send__'
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/phusion_passenger/abstract_server.rb:352:in `main_loop'
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/phusion_passenger/abstract_server.rb:196:in `start_synchronously'
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/phusion_passenger/abstract_server.rb:163:in `start'
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/phusion_passenger/railz/application_spawner.rb:213:in `start'
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/phusion_passenger/spawn_manager.rb:262:in `spawn_rails_application'
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/phusion_passenger/abstract_server_collection.rb:126:in `lookup_or_add'
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/phusion_passenger/spawn_manager.rb:256:in `spawn_rails_application'
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/phusion_passenger/abstract_server_collection.rb:80:in `synchronize'
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/phusion_passenger/abstract_server_collection.rb:79:in `synchronize'
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/phusion_passenger/spawn_manager.rb:255:in `spawn_rails_application'
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/phusion_passenger/spawn_manager.rb:154:in `spawn_application'
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/phusion_passenger/spawn_manager.rb:287:in `handle_spawn_application'
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/phusion_passenger/abstract_server.rb:352:in `__send__'
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/phusion_passenger/abstract_server.rb:352:in `main_loop'
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/phusion_passenger/abstract_server.rb:196:in `start_synchronously'
/usr/lib/phusion_passenger/passenger-spawn-server:61

Rendering /var/hda/platform/html/public/500.html (500 Internal Server Error)

Edit again: If I restart the hda some of the apps that I have installed work like the calculator and phpyahtzee but gallery doesn't. All the apps that I have previously installed work.
seems to be a permission issue ?

Ok it seems that gallery does work it just took a while for it to start after the hda restarted.

richgrech

Postby richgrech » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:06 am

Yeah, after four installs my DCHP leases page still does not work correctly. Some issue must definitely still exist with reading the dhcp.leases file.

My log file is also still blank - but app logs is populating on this last install.