Unraid to Amahi Ubuntu questions.

micah

Unraid to Amahi Ubuntu questions.

Postby micah » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:15 am

I have been running unraid for 2 years now with out a single issue and would like to switch to Amahi Ubuntu version. I have a few questions though. How stable is the Ubuntu version? Do I still have to do a clean install to install any new updates? Do I have to buy the sabnzbd and sickbeard packages or can I just install the in Ubuntu? How about greyhole, is it pretty stable and easy to setup? I will be adding 5 500gig drives. I have a few other questions about the dns server and stuff but i will ask them later.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Unraid to Amahi Ubuntu questions.

Postby bigfoot65 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:08 pm

How stable is the Ubuntu version? Do I still have to do a clean install to install any new updates?
It appears to be fairly stable. If you have not installed Ubuntu fresh with Amahi recently, recommend you do a fresh install. We have fixed some bugs that only are picked up on a new install. You can choose to install updates or not, that is your choice. Amahi works with no updates.
Do I have to buy the sabnzbd and sickbeard packages or can I just install the in Ubuntu?
You can install them any way you want as it's your server. We have chosen not to use the Ubuntu packages for both. We use the source and try to keep them updated to the latest as much as possible.
How about greyhole, is it pretty stable and easy to setup?
Greyhole is stable as far as we are concerned. It is not hard to set up and there is guidance in the wiki and on the author's web site if needed.

http://wiki.amahi.org/index.php/Greyhole

Hope that adequately answers your questions.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

micah

Re: Unraid to Amahi Ubuntu questions.

Postby micah » Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:36 pm

Thanks bigfoot. I think im gonna setup a test box and have it be my main source of streaming video and see how it handles before I switch everything over.