Gallery3 install on Ubuntu

ratimm

Gallery3 install on Ubuntu

Postby ratimm » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:24 am

I installed Amahi Server on two different laptops. Both installed very good and most everything works as good as with fedora. I have one issue with Gallery3. I am not able to upload pictures. I get the following error from Gallery3.
Gallery3:Troubleshooting:Uploading

Uploading issues
PHP memory_limit - Why do I get the error Allowed memory size of Xxx bytes exhausted?
You are exhausting the available memory that PHP has access to. In php.ini there is a config variable named memory_limit that by default is set to 8MB. Edit php.ini and increase it to a larger value (restart Apache afterwards). If you don't have access to php.ini, you can add this line to your .htaccess file in your gallery3 folder. Usually, unless you are the owner of the server, you don't have access to change php.ini. If there is no .htaccess file yet, you can edit the one that ships with G3 (it's just a text file with the name '.htaccess').
php_value memory_limit [new memory limit]
To change it to 24 MB, write:
php_value memory_limit 24M
If the .htaccess method does not work or if you get an internal server error after adding this line, remove the line from the .htaccess again. You can also try to change the memory_limit by adding the following line right after '<?php ' in install/index.php and in index.php:
ini_set("memory_limit","32M");
If there's no "memory_limit" parameter in your phpinfo page, then all PHP/Webserver processes are limited by the per process max memory limit. You'll have to ask an administrator to change the limit in this case. On linux/unix, you can check the limit with the following command in the shell:
ulimit -a
Or with PHP with a script check.php
<?php print system('ulimit -a'); ?>

amahi on Ubuntu looks great, Thanks

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Gallery3 install on Ubuntu

Postby bigfoot65 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:55 am

I will have to look at it after work. Once it is resolved, I will post here.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

guerilla

Re: Gallery3 install on Ubuntu

Postby guerilla » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:59 am

I have recently installed the app and cannot recreate this issue.

http://img.guerillaunit.co.uk/