Amahi Virtualized

prodriguezii

Re: Amahi Virtualized

Postby prodriguezii » Tue May 28, 2013 9:22 am

I'm up and running under proxmox 3.0. Very speedy and easy to manage.

I was an early adopter of the Ubuntu Amahi and always had problems with the DHCP. I decided that it wasn't worth wiping out everything to fix. This process allowed me to fix the DHCP and I finally have a fully functional HDA that I think will serve me for quite a long time.

Thank you for all your help, sgtfoo, for your wiki guidance and expertise. And thank you, bigfoot65, for starting this thread and asking these questions that turned me on to proxmox. I spent quite a bit of time researching KVM. I was going to run everything off of an Ubunutu Server 12.04 KVM install. Proxmox is so much easier to manage and takes out some of the guesswork a handy novice such as myself would experience.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Tue May 28, 2013 2:41 pm

Glad our experiences and questions have helped someone. I really enjoy Proxmox and have very few complaints. The main one would be capability to do cut and paste in the console windows, but that is something that I just work around. Use SSH to do what I need via Putty.

I use Proxmox for my HDA, a CentOS web server, and have several VMs for testing Amahi and apps. It makes things easier for me than having to use VirtualBox as I did in the past. We also have a test machine that the core team uses supported by Proxmox as well. It's been a blessing and made our development process a bit smoother.

sgtfoo has been a great help to me as well setting things up. Although skeptical at first, I am now convinced virtual is the way to go for servers and test machines :)
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

sgtfoo

Postby sgtfoo » Tue May 28, 2013 6:54 pm

I'm happy I could be of help!

I have been bitten by the virtual server bug and I really enjoy it, so why not try to help make it work with the community server system that helped me the most with my linux knowledge.
SgtFoo
HDA: VM inside oVirt FX-8300 95w (2 cores for HDA), 32GB RAM (2GB for HDA)
My PC: FX-8300, 16GB RAM, 3x 1TB HDDs, Radeon HD6970 2GB video; Win10 Pro x64
Other: PC, Asus 1215n (LXLE), Debian openZFS server (3x(2x2tb) mirrors)
Modem&Network: Thomson DCM475; Asus RT-AC66U; HP 1800-24G switch

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Tue May 28, 2013 7:24 pm

I agree, we help each other learn. The U.S. Department of Defense has started using virtualization extensively for most web and database servers.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2