SABnzbd progress?

mfacer

SABnzbd progress?

Postby mfacer » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:51 am

Hi - I am considering purchasing a plug computer - but ONLY when SABnzbd works. Essentially I want that to be the slave for downloading content (legal of course) and I want the plug to have the mounted network drives to then share with the house (DLNA probably)...

is there any idea when (and IF at all!) SABnzbd would be available?

Thanks (and thanks for a great product!)

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: SABnzbd progress?

Postby bigfoot65 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:12 am

SABnzbd requires the RPM Fusion repos. Last I heard, they are not available for ARM processors. This is not an Amahi app, so depends on the developers for RPM Fusion.

I have not had a chance to play with the plug and SABnzbd enough to see if there is a work around. We at Amahi have been discussing how we are going to identify which apps are plug compatible. Obviously it will not be all the Amahi apps as there is just not the same level of support in the ARM development community for all the depends and such.

We hope to get something narrowed down soon. In the mean time, if we can get SABnzbd to work with the plug we will post it here. Sorry I cannot give you better news.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

mfacer

Re: SABnzbd progress?

Postby mfacer » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:29 am

We hope to get something narrowed down soon. In the mean time, if we can get SABnzbd to work with the plug we will post it here. Sorry I cannot give you better news
No problem!! thank you for the update. It's the one thing which is stopping me buying one currently... I think!! I still like the idea of serving home media through it though!