windows 10 still using old password

strebor71

windows 10 still using old password

Postby strebor71 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:55 am

So I have Just recently got my server up and running. I added a drive and re-pathed it for all of my shares. Everything seems to be working ok except for a few things. I was able top access all of the shares from windows using \\hda in explorer fine. I decided that I might want to have another Admin account in case something goes amiss with my user account. I gave the new user account the same rather difficult password as my user account and then changed the password on my user account to something a bit more easy to type in. Well, when I went to map a few of the shares today it wouldnt accept the new password. I tried the old more difficult password and it worked. I know the password has changed on the server because I use it to SSH in with putty as well as through the web interface with my browser. I deleted any entries in the credential manager for \\hda, the system has been rebooted a few times since i changed the password. any ideas??

also, I have gone through the steps to transfer the dhcp and dns over to amahi but I still get the notice "Your client device is probably not using your HDA for DNS yet. We recommend the following for best experience." does that go away at some point? all my devices have been rebooted since the swap over.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: windows 10 still using old password

Postby bigfoot65 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:28 am

I deleted any entries in the credential manager for \\hda, the system has been rebooted a few times since i changed the password. any ideas??
Have you tried accessing shares via IP Address (\\192.168.x.x)? That might help. Seems like clearing the credentials from Windows should have fixed the issue. Have you verified via terminal that the user and passwords match your expectations? Also might check the internet to see if there is more than once location where Windows saves network passwords.
We recommend the following for best experience." does that go away at some point?
If you are accessing the HDA by IP Address, it will always display that message. Accessing via http://hda should make it go away. If not, try clearing your browser cache.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2