It is time, however, and I upgraded the aforementioned office to Amahi 10. We are having some struggles with SMB scanning from a Ricoh copier to a network share on Amahi. On the Amahi 7 setup everything worked flawlessly. All of the settings on the Amahi 10 install are identical except the password. It turns out that somewhere along the way, Amahi requires longer passwords, so I gave the user for the copier a new, longer password. Every time we try to scan we get an "authentication error."
Here is what I have done to troubleshoot:
- I have triple-checked the password.
- I have completely recreated the user on both the copier and on Amahi's end and still have the same issue.
- I have successfully logged into Amahi dashboard as the user assigned to the copier that performs the scans.
- I have, on a Windows 10 computer, successfully logged a shared folder as the user assigned to the copier that performs the scans.
- I have used a completely different username and password in the copier. This username and password are one successfully used by a Windows 10 computer in the office.
Some behaviors that I have noticed on this Amahi 10 install are a little strange and it is possible that they relate to my problem. When I attempt, from the Amahi Dashboard, to change an existing user's password, there is a very quick flash of red text that appears on the dashboard and then that text goes away. Its up and gone too fast for me to read it. The password change is unsuccessful. If, for example, I create a user called "Fred" and assign a password of "Pass1234", I can access all assigned SMB shares for Fred without issue. If I change Fred's password on the Amahi Dashboard to "Word1234", the flash of warning text comes up. If I go into Window's credential manager and erase the password for "HDA" and "\\192.168.x.x" (the Amahi's IP) and then try to access the shares again, Windows asks for the password. If I enter the new password("Word1234"), access is unsuccessful. If I enter the old password ("Pass1234") I can get in. To change a user's password I have to delete the user and recreate it with the new password. Then the new password for that user works correctly.
-Is there a log file for the Amahi Dashboard that I can read to see the flash of text that appears on the Dashboard when I attempt to change a user's password?
-Has SMB protocol changed lately in a way that may be related to my issue?