Machine to Machine File/Printer sharing??

lwsiv

Machine to Machine File/Printer sharing??

Postby lwsiv » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:49 am

So I installed the most recent Amahi in an home office setting. Previously the machines did peer to peer work group networking via the typical windows "OFFICE" workgroup networking. Several machines used shares on other machines as well as printers. After installing Amahi, this ability goes away. I have tried to utilize the "domain" that Amahi was configured (wlg.com) but that does not work either.

So how do I set up sharing of machine shares and printers after Amahi has been set up in an home office environment? What do I need to do?

boomerang56

Re: Machine to Machine File/Printer sharing??

Postby boomerang56 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:51 am

So I installed the most recent Amahi in an home office setting. Previously the machines did peer to peer work group networking via the typical windows "OFFICE" workgroup networking. Several machines used shares on other machines as well as printers. After installing Amahi, this ability goes away. I have tried to utilize the "domain" that Amahi was configured (wlg.com) but that does not work either.

So how do I set up sharing of machine shares and printers after Amahi has been set up in an home office environment? What do I need to do?
Your Amahi shares are shared as soon as the install finishes and the machine reboots. To access them from any of your Windows machines simply go to the Amahi Dashboard, create a user or users, and then map the shares. By default they show up in Windows Explorer under HDA.

http://wiki.amahi.org/index.php/Storage ... le_sharing

Printer sharing is another story. I couldn't get printer sharing working but I also didn't mess with it very much. There's probably some manual configuring you need to do.

Try these steps and post if they work or not.

http://wiki.amahi.org/index.php/Adding_ ... ed_printer

The best thing for printer sharing for you may be to just get a cheap $50 print server.
--production HDA : 2.8GHz core-2 duo, Asus P5BV-M mobo, 2GB RAM, Rosewill R901-P case, 2x iStarUSA BPU-340SATA hot-swap bays, Areca 1220 8-drive raid controller, 5 Seagate ST315005N1A1AS 1.5 TB drives