CLOSED: Problem restoring shares after fresh install

peddie

CLOSED: Problem restoring shares after fresh install

Postby peddie » Mon May 29, 2017 2:03 pm

I thought I had everything working after a fresh install of amahi 10, but there is still some issue with getting the shares working. I have them mounted locally, and can access all my greyhole based movies and pictures from other computers, but each share is set up as a 15G drive only. I do not have available all the additional space that is part of the greyhole pool. Plus, the directory /var/hda/files has all the shares listed and I can traverse the tree to see individual files, but the /var/hda/shares directory is empty. I've attached screen shots of the shares setup from the console and the disk partitions.

I must have some setup step that I missed somewhere to be able to have shares access the full disk pool.

Please provide some guidance or point to a wiki page that will help me.

Won't let me attach the screen shots- says the limit of attachments has been reached. Is there a max file size?

peddie

Re: Problem restoring shares after fresh install

Postby peddie » Mon May 29, 2017 7:41 pm

So I seemed to step on my toes, main issue was that the landing zone for greyhole was not big enought to accept a blu-ray movie for plex. Realized that I had 900G of unused space on the drive that contained the boot and root filesystems. Added that space to a new landing zone and added the rest to greyhole pool as well.
Now I can submit big files to greyhole movie pool and they get moved off to pool storage.
However, I have one share called public that is in the same landing zone as all other shares, but greyhole does not want to do anything with it. It is configured the same as all other shares on the Shares tab on the dashboard, but no matter how many times I try greyhole --fsck, it never picks up the files in the landing zone and moves them to the pool. I copy files into the movies and pictures shares and it picks them up right away. But nothing for public.

Another oddity I have with greyhole- I can stop and start it from the command line, but I do not even see it on the console web view under settings, shares, or any of the other places the wiki tells me I should see it so I can start and stop it.

I've read the greyhole wiki pages multiple times, but don't see anything I'm missing. Is there some debug flags I can turn on to see why it isn't picking up this share?

Thanks.....

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Tue May 30, 2017 7:00 am

Realized that I had 900G of unused space on the drive that contained the boot and root filesystems. Added that space to a new landing zone and added the rest to greyhole pool as well.
We strongly discourage against using the root (/) partition in the storage pool. If that partition gets filled up, your HDA will break. The wiki provides clear warnings about this potential issue.
Another oddity I have with greyhole- I can stop and start it from the command line, but I do not even see it on the console web view under settings, shares, or any of the other places the wiki tells me I should see it so I can start and stop it.
You will only see Greyhole in the server's tab if you installed the greyhole-ui App.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

peddie

Postby peddie » Tue May 30, 2017 9:43 am

I created a logical partition with the 900G free on the main drive. 120G for landing zone, and the rest for greyhole. / is still only used for OS. Will having another logical partition on the physical drive that contains the OS be a problem?

Also had greyhole.conf set up wrong- wasn't including the public share in the copies to keep section. Everything is up and running perfectly now.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Tue May 30, 2017 10:20 am

Will having another logical partition on the physical drive that contains the OS be a problem?
That should be fine.

Glad to hear you got it all sorted out.

I presume we can mark this as closed now.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2