SOLVED: Cannot transfer larger files to shares

ksburgess

Re: Cannot transfer larger files to shares

Postby ksburgess » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:30 pm

Okay I edited the config file and restarted and all worked with that. The removed drive is still showing up when I run the mysql table check. Are there instructions for removing it from the database? Not really sure about doing that without a GUI for mysql.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:10 am

Are there instructions for removing it from the database?
No. You can do this via adminer App or phpmyadmin App.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

ksburgess

Postby ksburgess » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:14 am

Thanks Bigfoot - was able to get that fixed via phpmyadmin.

Also wanted to let you know that we found the problem, finally. I continued to troubleshoot from the Windows side and saw something about transfers failing when using wired ethernet vs not failing on wireless. My tower has a wireless nic so I unplugged the ethernet cable and transfers of large files to the HDA worked immediately. Same results with the other tower. We decided to change out the switch between the router and the towers and that was the problem - everything is working great now (it also solved a Netflix authentication problem we were having with the tv we have on the same switch :D).

So it was on the computer side and a networking issue - I guess we just only saw it obviously with the large file transfers.

Thanks again for helping me troubleshoot Bigfoot :D

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:46 am

Happy to hear you got it all sorted out now :)

Glad to be of assistance.

Will mark this as solved.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2