Cannot Access File Shares

hab41993

Cannot Access File Shares

Postby hab41993 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:24 pm

I recently installed Amahi on a fresh Fedora 10 install. *Almost* everything set up correctly, including webapps, vnc, and vpn. I set up Amahi as my DHCP server, which went flawlessly. I have no complaint except the fact that I have no access to my file shares. I have a mixed Vista/XP network working together over a workgroup (can't do PDC...have home premium only). I am able to access http://hda and edit settings, but unable to access \\hda on both the Vista and XP Machines. I attempted a reinstall of samba, but I can't test if it worked, as I can't access the server! I don't know where to turn...I looked through the forums and wiki and none of the solutions work!

Help me out! :D

bsk

Re: Cannot Access File Shares

Postby bsk » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:44 pm

Everything works but you cant access the server?

How are the shares not working? Whats the problem?
Having problems with connecting to the internet? Try the Network Troubleshooter.

Not sure what your Gateway IP? Head on over to the Find Your Gateway IP page to find out easily.

hab41993

Postby hab41993 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:05 pm

i can't access the file shares through explorer... i.e. typing \\hda into the explorer bar. I can access the other Windows PCs shared files from the server, but not the server's shares from the Windows PCs

bsk

Postby bsk » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:20 am

Did you restart your client/workstations after enabling amahi as DHCP?

Also, is it just that it cant find it, or that it wont take your user/pw?
Having problems with connecting to the internet? Try the Network Troubleshooter.

Not sure what your Gateway IP? Head on over to the Find Your Gateway IP page to find out easily.

hab41993

Postby hab41993 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:23 am

Yes, I did start my workstations...the computers cannot find the server on the network...I've never even gotten to the pw stage.

Thanks for your help!

razzz

Postby razzz » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:24 am

open windows explorer, right click my network places. and select map network drive.
now type in \\hda\whatever share you have created. select the correct username and password. and thats it.

mapache

Postby mapache » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:42 pm

"open windows explorer, right click my network places. and select map network drive.
now type in \\hda\whatever share you have created. select the correct username and password. and thats it."

I am having similar issues. Can view every machine and also the \\hda share folders, but cannot log in or map to them as indicated above.

It does not accept username / password. It changes the name I put in the box to COMPUTERNAME\Username

should this be something different in the username box?

SebaD

Postby SebaD » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:22 am

I have the same problem and I would appreciate if you could share your solution.