Adding a new drive - NOT to be included in HDA shares

KazarSoze

Adding a new drive - NOT to be included in HDA shares

Postby KazarSoze » Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:37 pm

I think I know the answer to this but I want to confirm...

I have my HDA running with a couple 2TB data drives (and a small SSD OS drive) . All the shares are spread across these drives. Using Greyhole to replicate everything. And have a USB hanging off to backup vital data from the shares. But now I want to add a 3rd HD just to store some junk or VMs. This does not need to be included in the HDA shares or included with Greyhole. I believe I would just go through the steps to add a HD normally (https://wiki.amahi.org/index.php/Adding ... o_your_HDA) but NOT edit the fstab to mount this drive to the /var/hda/files location. Basically I would just partition/format it and mount it. I could not use the Disk Wizard (awesome tool BTW) or it would be included in the default shares, correct?

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Adding a new drive - NOT to be included in HDA shares

Postby bigfoot65 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:52 pm

Yes that guidance would be applicable.

You will need to mount the drive as instructed in the guidance, but leave it at drive3 or whatever you want to call it.

You would add it to /etc/fstab as well or use disk-wizard App to format and mount. It would not be included in the default shares.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2