Crash when add files

otaviocsilva

Crash when add files

Postby otaviocsilva » Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:06 pm

I have an Amahi server that is just running fine when is empty, but when I try to load files into a share it crashes...
The first share I tryed is Fotos, I created it to put my personnal pictures... I have circa 130GB of pictures (I know is a lot), but I have a 500GB HD + 1TB HD added with Diskwizard, I also use Greyhole.
When it comes to about half of the pictures I recieve a massage from nautilus telling me that the drive is full and when I try to connect me HDA I am send to a error page. Problem is that after that my network is dropped, I have to hardreset the router and the server cannot access the internet anymore (even after reseting the router), I can access it as long I have the DHCP back from the router by fedora's terminal or the SSH, but it can't ping anything eversince. Ihave to re-install fedora + Amahi do get things working again...
I am having a lot more trouble than I could imagine...
Can you help me?

otaviocsilva

Re: Crash when add files

Postby otaviocsilva » Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:09 pm

Btw: I will keep it as is, will not try anything, so if you need any log or paste, just tell me what to do...

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:20 pm

Please provide the URL for:

Code: Select all

apaste --sysinfo
Sounds like your Greyhole Landing Zone (LZ) is not big enough to handle the load. Can you try transferring just 1 or 2 files and see what happens?

There is also guidance in the wiki for making it larger or using a separate drive as a LZ.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

otaviocsilva

Postby otaviocsilva » Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:25 pm

Please provide the URL for:

apaste --sysinfo
Sounds like your Greyhole Landing Zone (LZ) is not big enough to handle the load. Can you try transferring just 1 or 2 files and see what happens?

There is also guidance in the wiki for making it larger or using a separate drive as a LZ.
A few files goes ok...
Tomorrow I post the url...
Thanks for being faster than I can handle! :-)

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:27 pm

If it is indeed the LZ issue, you can try transferring small chunks at a time. Maybe do like 10GB, then if that goes ok, slowly increase it.

The key here is to give Greyhole enough time to replicate. You can monitor the log by doing:

tail -f /var/log/greyhole.log
Once it reflects it's done with files, do the next batch.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

otaviocsilva

Postby otaviocsilva » Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:00 pm

I knew from the begining that theres is nothing to do with Greyhole, as I have installed Greyhole thinking it could solve it - and it didn't...
I have tryed to access via ssh and terminal and I couldn't, so I re-installed it again...
Paying more attention this time I think I have got the origin of the problem: when I was stalling fedora server I have let the program define the size of the partition and it decides my sda3 will be olny 30GiB. So I had only 30 GiB of space...
I am typing it while re-installing amahi, lets see what will happens...
I know it might be a mistake, something I have just passed by, my fault... But why when I installed the 1TB disk Greyhole did't fixed it?
Another thing that is bugging me, and might be, again my own mistake (and, due to lack of time for it, I will not repeat the steps to find out) is why I (and maybe the DiskWizard) have noted that the 1TB wasn't mounted but haven't noted the rest of the internal HD wasn't mounted as well...
I guess you have answered why Greyhole didn't fix... But the second thing mightbe always a mistery...
Lets go around everything again!
Thanks for the help!

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:08 pm

No problem. My fault as I presumed you had Greyhole installed.

Ensure you follow the install guidance precisely. The disk formatting/partitioning section is detailed to provide the best setup for Amahi.

Please report back on your progress.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

cpg
Administrator

Postby cpg » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:43 pm

Hi @otaviocsilva,

I am not sure what kind of crash you are getting. There is no Greyhole involved in this issue, near as I can tell, so no landing zone issue.

Yes, shares should fill up when they are full and no more writes can happen. However, losing network is not proper behavior, for one thing, that DHCP/DNS server we use is mostly in memory and I think it should not need extra space (but I am not sure of this).

The final mounting of the drive by the Disk Wizard is a bug. I think. IIRC, the next reboot (or sudo mount -a), will make it boot.

Please update us in your status and let's see how we can help get you all working and happy.
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1