CLOSED: Folder structure question

Dirkthedaring

CLOSED: Folder structure question

Postby Dirkthedaring » Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:43 pm

Hi Everyone,

This is my first server and I am loving Amahi! I have everthing up and running just fine. Just one question so far and I cant seem to find anyone out there that had the same question. So here goes...I have created users and shares for each member of the family. With that I can control who has access to what. But everone has a folder that I didnt create that has thier username\desktop\files(.bash_history) that I cannot see. Its a completely private share not created by me. Was wondering why i do not have any controls for that folder. I would like to turn that share off so that it may not be used. Thanks in advance for any help.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Folder structure question

Postby bigfoot65 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:34 pm

Was wondering why i do not have any controls for that folder.
These are created by Linux automatically and required for Samba users. You can try the solution in the Forums post, but there is no way to hide them that I am aware.

What you want to do is not possible with Amahi currently. The smb.conf file is dynamically created and any changes you make will be overwritten.

You can submit a feature request for potential Amahi integration in the future.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

Dirkthedaring

Postby Dirkthedaring » Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:05 pm

Thank you for your Reply Bigfoot65. I did not know that was for Samba and I will see what I can do with the link you posted. That turns out to be a nice little hiding place for the kiddos. lol Thanks again!

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:40 pm

No problem.

Anytime you create a user in Linux or Samba, the Home directory for that user is created. That's where all the pertinent scripts and such specific for the user to log in is located.

As the administrator of the box, you can see all contents of those directories as a super user, i.e. root. It would be via command line, but you still would have access.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2