Adding additional Hard Drive

esp

Adding additional Hard Drive

Postby esp » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:22 am

I have read other posts about this topic but am still confused. I built my HDA Server as specified in the installation manual, utilizing two hard drives. A small hard drive is partioned as instructed with the OS, the second 1.5 terabyte drive is used only for the HDA shares (partioned \var\hda\files). I would like to add an additional 1 terabyte drive for the shares and would like it to appear as one virtual drive. I have looked at and followed the guide for formating a drive based upon Fedora. Do I mount this new drive on the same mount point as the 1.5 terabyte drive, or do I do something else? :? Thanks for your help

everett

esp

Re: Adding additional Hard Drive

Postby esp » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:01 am

No takers on this?

bsk

Postby bsk » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:03 am

http://wiki.amahi.org/index.php/Adding_ ... o_your_HDA

Also are you wanting to merge 2 drives to make one for /var/hda/files?
Having problems with connecting to the internet? Try the Network Troubleshooter.

Not sure what your Gateway IP? Head on over to the Find Your Gateway IP page to find out easily.

esp

Postby esp » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:19 am

Yes, I want to merge the drives so they appear as 1 volume. I have seen this guide and it is very confusing, as I mentioned above, I followed the Fedora, guide for manually formating the new drive space. So the drive is now formated, how do I go about mounting it so that I have one logical volume for /var/hda/files?

bsk

Postby bsk » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:37 am

Follow that wiki post.

If you need further help, or if the script does not work, come by the IRC Channel and talk to me (bk) and I can help you out, I just did this myself. A little hard to walk you through on the forum.
Having problems with connecting to the internet? Try the Network Troubleshooter.

Not sure what your Gateway IP? Head on over to the Find Your Gateway IP page to find out easily.