PDC issue

thinami

PDC issue

Postby thinami » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:27 am

When I restrict certain users from shares I get a command box on windows vista after logging in that shows the attachment. It is going through mapping the drives and hits one restricted and waits for a user and password to allow this user access to the share. Am I doing something wrong or is this something I have to live with on Vista Business?
Attachments
drivemapping.jpg
drivemapping.jpg (22.88 KiB) Viewed 3627 times

cpg
Administrator

Re: PDC issue

Postby cpg » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:06 am

this means that the logon script is not executing properly in your box.

i wonder if the # chars in the logon.bat should be REM instead.

can you change them # to REM in this file in your HDA?

Code: Select all

/var/hda/domain-settings/netlogon/logon.bat
or simply remove the lines starting with #.
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1

thinami

Postby thinami » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:19 pm

When I restrict certain users from shares I get a command box on windows vista after logging in that shows the attachment. It is going through mapping the drives and hits one restricted and waits for a user and password to allow this user access to the share. Am I doing something wrong or is this something I have to live with on Vista Business?
The issue is not the comment remarks but the restriction of shares from the user. Look at the bottom of the print screen and you see where it is asks for the username for 'hda'.

bsk

Postby bsk » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:51 pm

you enter your username
Having problems with connecting to the internet? Try the Network Troubleshooter.

Not sure what your Gateway IP? Head on over to the Find Your Gateway IP page to find out easily.

thinami

Postby thinami » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:04 pm

you enter your username
The user should not have to do this every time they log in.

bsk

Postby bsk » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:56 pm

Oh its asking every time. Hmm.
Having problems with connecting to the internet? Try the Network Troubleshooter.

Not sure what your Gateway IP? Head on over to the Find Your Gateway IP page to find out easily.

cpg
Administrator

Postby cpg » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:59 am

sorry, that was a clueless answer. i read the original properly now with more oxygen in my brain.

i don't know how sophisticated the logon.bat script can be made.

one possibility is to only mount the shares that are common to everyone. i think this is the intent of the logon.bat.

the other possibility is that you could alter logon.bat to only mount the shares that a user is authorized. i am not sure how the script would go about finding out the username of the currently logging in user ($USER?).

yet another possibility is to read the manual for net use to see if there is an option to quit quietly without asking for credentials. this would fail silently and hopefully not show the error window.

can you try and report back what works!?
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1

thinami

Postby thinami » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:20 am

sorry, that was a clueless answer. i read the original properly now with more oxygen in my brain.

i don't know how sophisticated the logon.bat script can be made.

one possibility is to only mount the shares that are common to everyone. i think this is the intent of the logon.bat.

the other possibility is that you could alter logon.bat to only mount the shares that a user is authorized. i am not sure how the script would go about finding out the username of the currently logging in user ($USER?).

yet another possibility is to read the manual for net use to see if there is an option to quit quietly without asking for credentials. this would fail silently and hopefully not show the error window.

can you try and report back what works!?
Will do.

moredruid
Expert

Postby moredruid » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:53 am

I thought it was %user but it's nicely explained in this Microsoft article
echo '16i[q]sa[ln0=aln100%Pln100/snlbx]sbA0D2173656C7572206968616D41snlbxq' | dc
Galileo - HP Proliant ML110 G6 quad core Xeon 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, 2x750GB RAID1 + 2x1TB RAID1 HDD

thinami

Postby thinami » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:29 am

Client email issue and haven't had time to work on this more. Will report back.