SOLVED: Recycle bin setup using Extra Parameters not working

patwa

SOLVED: Recycle bin setup using Extra Parameters not working

Postby patwa » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:37 pm

Hi,

I recently installed Amahi 9 and came across the wiki for setting up Recycle bins per Share (https://wiki.amahi.org/index.php/Recycle_bins)

I have added the Extra Parameter in one of my shares, however it does not seem to work. I SSH'ed into the server and verified that even after deletion, there is no Recycle folder that has been created. Am I missing something here or is this not relevant on this version anymore?

I think it would always be wise to have an option to have the files go to a "Recycle Bin" to prevent accidental deletion. Are there any other options available in Amahi to prevent such a disaster?

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Recycle bin setup using Extra Parameters not working

Postby bigfoot65 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:47 am

I have added the Extra Parameter in one of my shares, however it does not seem to work.
Ensure you typed in the entry by hand. Next did you restart Samba?

If you need further assistance, please provide the URL for:

Code: Select all

fpaste --sysinfo
Are there any other options available in Amahi to prevent such a disaster?
Nothing is setup by default which is normal for a server. If you would like to make a suggestion, please submit a bug report and add it as a feature request. Login with your amahi.org credentials.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

patwa

Postby patwa » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:18 am

Thank you for the quick response. I had initially copy/pasted the value, once I typed the vfs details by hand, it started working and the .recycle folder was automatically created. I did not have to restart Samba for this.

On another note, is there a setting to schedule clean up of the .recycle folder? Does it have to be manually cleared?

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:36 am

Does it have to be manually cleared?
Yes but you can set up a cron job to do it automatically I believe.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2