Drive filled up after greyhole and mount shares locally script failed

kiwirich

Drive filled up after greyhole and mount shares locally script failed

Postby kiwirich » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:51 pm

After first installing latest fedora 23 and Amahi and setting up greyhole I ran the script mount shares locally and believed it to be working.

I copied about 20-30gb of data across and came back after a few hours to find my main drive full.

Somewhere between the samba shares and grey hole the data was not being transferred out of main drive into my LZ which I run on a seperate drive.

Anyway I updated to latest packages and restarted and then tried again and all is now working as normal.

However the issue I have is that all of the data I initially copied is still on my main drive and I cannot for the life of me find it. Ive tried running disk analyser and even manually searching the folders.

1) I am not a linux expert so really am unsure where they would have been stored.
2) I believe that they are most likely stored in a temporary location. Possibly with a temp file type.
3) How do I get my space back when I can’t even find the temp files?
4) Permissions prevent me from fully running disk analyser and modifying some folders so any advice would help.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Drive filled up after greyhole and mount shares locally script failed

Postby bigfoot65 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:46 am

By default, the LZ is /var/hda/files.

I would expect that any missing files would be located in the shares folder.

Another user had this problem a while back. Might try searching the forums for the solution.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2