Lost WiFi trying to mount external hard drive

ljherskowitz

Lost WiFi trying to mount external hard drive

Postby ljherskowitz » Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:43 pm

I was following the directions to mount my external hard drive. It did not work well. I got two errors "failed to preserve ownership" and when I put the hda-diskmount line into fstab the line has grid=500, mounting that threw an error saying grid command not found. Now I lost my WiFi. I changed the fstab back to what it was before altering it and I still don't have WiFi.
My first concern is getting my Internet back. Can someone help?

ljherskowitz

Re: Lost WiFi trying to mount external hard drive

Postby ljherskowitz » Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:13 pm

The problem with grid was a typo. It should have been gid. But when I plugged in the external hard drive I tried to access the hard drive through and I got fatal errors.

But I'm back to trying to get the Internet to work again. Then I'll worry about the hard drive.

ljherskowitz

Postby ljherskowitz » Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:58 pm

I got the WiFi back working. I still have my original problem that when I plug in my external hard drive I can't access the folders. But I'm going to post that under a different discussion.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:46 pm

Did you try using the disk-wizard App or follow the adding hard drives wiki guidance?
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2