ProFTPd - no web interface

jaybea

ProFTPd - no web interface

Postby jaybea » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:49 pm

I have installed proFTPd on Amahi 8. The server is running ok, and I can save files to the ftp folders, but I cannot access the web interface. There are no error messages on the page, but I get a blank browser screen with the proFTPd address in the address bar. I have compared configurations with my Amahi 7 setup, and there appear to be no changes, so I don't know why the interface is not working.

I am not sure what else to do to troubleshoot, as there are no log messages in journalctl or in httpd.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: ProFTPd - no web interface

Postby bigfoot65 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:53 pm

The proFTPd app is in BETA for Amahi 8, therefore not ready for production. It was not LIVE for Amahi 7 either.

Recommend you file a bug report, but please understand we have a list of things to work.

Recommend you check the Amahi app store before installing apps to ensure they are LIVE. Those that are not likely will not work properly for Amahi 8.

Did you do an upgrade from Amahi 7 to 8 or a new install?
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

jaybea

Postby jaybea » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:10 pm

Did you do an upgrade from Amahi 7 to 8 or a new install?
This was a fresh install. I know that there is a risk with the BETA items, but a lot of the apps I use regularly are Beta ones, so it is worth spending a bit of time getting them working properly. Most have installed without problems, including Logitech Media Centre and CrashPlan, whilst others need a bit of work, including proFTPd.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:32 pm

so it is worth spending a bit of time getting them working properly
If you would like to assist with getting some of these BETA apps moved LIVE, that would be great.

We would like to have bug reports submitted for instances like this so we can document what is needed to get things working correctly. Then we have a path for moving them LIVE.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2