Disk Drives Full - Not understanding shares?

trmcna01

Disk Drives Full - Not understanding shares?

Postby trmcna01 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:54 am

I just installed Amahi 8 on a 350GB Hard Drive. I followed these instructions for setting up the paritions and the installation process. The next thing I did was install Amahi Disk Wizard to add another hard drive. I did this based on the recommendation of this article (how to add a 2nd drive). I've also got Greyhole installed in order to use all of the drives. However, as I'm copying files into my shares I'm getting the error that my drive is full. What have I done wrong? Why aren't I using the 3TB Hard Drive? The drive is showing up in my partitions as /var/hda/files/drives/sda1Image. I have it selected under Drive Pooling Image.

I think I misunderstood everything about Greyhole and/or maybe Disk Wizard. I would really appreciate any help. I'm not against reinstalling Amahi and the apps if that is the easiest way to solve the problem.

Thanks!

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Disk Drives Full - Not understanding shares?

Postby bigfoot65 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:17 pm

Please provide the URL for the following command:

Code: Select all

fpaste --sysinfo
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

trmcna01

Postby trmcna01 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:25 am

So last night I tried to add some more files to my HDA. They went through without any "drive is full " issues.

I think the problem was my Landing Zone was full. As of right now my files are in the 3TB hard Drive (not all, but the new ones put in there) - I guess they just needed to fill the 236GB hard drive first?

Is this process right? Transfer files to HDA --> Goes into Greyhole LZ --> Greyhole sorts into storage pool based on the dirves selected for pooling.

Thanks for any help!

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:27 am

Yes that is correct.

Best to move files to the LZ in small chunks to prevent filling your drive.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2