Transferring files to HDA shares "There is not enough space"

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Transferring files to HDA shares "There is not enough space"

Postby bigfoot65 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:40 am

I obviously have the Greyhole UI since I just posted screenshots from it. How do I do what you're telling me to do?
Those screenshots you posted are not from the Greyhole UI. The last one is, but the first two were not so I did not know if you were using the app.

As for assisting, I will be happy to help. When you have a more complicated set up as you do, it's a must to know a little Linux command line. You will need it to often do more advanced things.
This seems to be really unstable and I can't understand why this has been all over websites as something a newbie can use.
The basic setup of an HDA is simple. When you start adding disk drives, Greyhole, and other pieces it becomes more complicated and requires some degree of understanding of how to do things via command line.

I will take another look at your settings and get back with you on what to do next. You should understand that setting up and maintaining any server will not be simple. There is always complications when you do advanced things such as add drives or use Greyhole.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:50 pm

I checked out your settings and see the following issues. You made the OS partition too small to hold the LZ. It should be moved to a different drive. The /home is larger than needed which is where the OS loses space.

It's best if you follow the hard drive partition scheme guidance vs using the Fedora defaults. It formats a drive based on a Desktop GUI use of Fedora vs a server.

Next I need to see your /etc/greyhole.conf and /etc/fstab file contents. Do that by executing the following as root user:

Code: Select all

fpaste /etc/greyhole.conf fpaste /etc/fstab
Post the URLs here for both for me to review.

Once I see the contents, that should help me understand where the issue may be as to why files are not being spread out amongst your storage pool.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:52 pm

According to the greyhole.conf file, only drives 4 and 6 are part of the storage pool. Drive 3 is no where to be found in the pool.

Execute as root user:

Code: Select all

greyhole -s
It should not indicate any drives are offline. If it does, then that is another contributing factor to your issue.

The /etc/fstab looks ok as does the other entries in the storage pool. I do see a drive commented out which I presume was intentional.

First thing you need to do is move your LZ following the guidance in the wiki I provided in a previous post. Having it on a partition with only 42GB is a major issue. That is extremely limiting. Recommend you choose a larger drive or partition with space. Possibly put the LZ in /home partition or best on another drive.

I presume you followed the adding a second hard drive to your HDA guidance when adding the extra drives. Two of the drives indicate they are full, so you may need to reduce number of Greyhole copies or more drive space to accommodate your files.

Honestly if it were me, I would start over and partition the OS drive differently to allow for a larger LZ, then add the Greyhole drives. That's just me though. There is a lot of cleanup/reconfiguration needed here to get things back in order. More drives would help if you have that option.

I see you have a Crashplan share in your storage pool as well. That is likely taking up a lot of drive space. I believe the wiki states it's best to not include that share in your storage pool as it will quickly consume the drive space. Something to think about.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

tomtheappraiser

Postby tomtheappraiser » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:56 pm

OK, if I start over, will I lose my data? That's my big worry here. I have my life in that pool.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:10 pm

The data on the additional drives is safe, providing you disconnect them.

What's on the OS drive you will need to move to one of the other drives.

You can try to fix what you have, but it may be painful.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

tomtheappraiser

Postby tomtheappraiser » Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:19 pm

how do I find out exactly what is on the OS drive?

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:08 pm

If all your shares are in the storage pool and copies set, probably none there.

You can also look at /var/hda/files/sharename for files that are not symlinked.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager