Amahi/Samba Bug Shares Disapearing

pagemaster

Re: Amahi/Samba Bug Shares Disapearing

Postby pagemaster » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:34 am

I left the login window (see screen shot) open until now then clicked "OK" and BAM it let me in. What is going on? Samba seems to be acting strange.

I have not changed any of my users passwords directly on the HDA server, but through the web GUI.
My HDA:
CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.26GHz
GPU: nVidia Corporation NV34 [GeForce FX 5200]
RAM: 1GB
HDD: ATA WD 320GB + ATA WD 500GB

nomadg

Postby nomadg » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:01 pm

I used an extra drive on my desktop to try out amahi and everything went great. So for me its something with the laptop, Dell 9300 p4 ati\x300 (not my 1st choice of server hardware). Trying to piece together something more appropriate now.

cpg
Administrator

Postby cpg » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:00 pm

I left the login window (see screen shot) open until now then clicked "OK" and BAM it let me in. What is going on? Samba seems to be acting strange.

I have not changed any of my users passwords directly on the HDA server, but through the web GUI.
does this mean it's working well?
or not?
(sorry, it's not clear from your message above)

--- edit -

sorry, until nomadg wrote about this, i did not see what screenshot you were talking about. i see it now.

there maybe some delays in the settings taking effect ...
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1

nomadg

Postby nomadg » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:05 pm

Yes, I do cpg, I am just using this as a very temporary fix and thought it may help other users.

After installing the rpm that you PMed me and changing the permissions of one of my shares using http://hda/ I was able to see all my shares again in Windows Vista. Next problem is accessing them... I try logging in with a user, but I keep getting told the password is wrong. I even tried resetting the password in http://hda/, but it still won't let me in.

I typed the local domain rather that the PC name and worked fine. ie domain\user. Assuming the previous empty smb.conf is fixed. Im wondering where to set windows to append this correctly.

pagemaster

Postby pagemaster » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:19 am

I needed to get HDA up and working again quickly. So I ended up doing a fresh reinstall of F10 and Amahi, with no updates. Once I did the installed it I installed the following (in order):
1)Agedashi Theme
2)Transmission
3)uShare
4)AmahiTunes
5)PBA

I can see these shares when I log into the server on Windows XP.

However in the web GUI I see only a single share "Ushare." Looks like a bug with the uShare install.

I am not sure what I should do next, should I try to create my other shares? Or will I lose all my current shares if I do?
Attachments
HDA.JPG
HDA.JPG (18.33 KiB) Viewed 3108 times
Windows XP.JPG
Windows XP.JPG (12.81 KiB) Viewed 3105 times
Last edited by pagemaster on Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
My HDA:

bsk

Postby bsk » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:20 am

Uninstall uShare and see if that fixes it.

I think there are some problems with uShare ATM that need to be addressed.
Having problems with connecting to the internet? Try the Network Troubleshooter.

Not sure what your Gateway IP? Head on over to the Find Your Gateway IP page to find out easily.

pagemaster

Postby pagemaster » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:31 am

Thanks for the quick reply, I have uninstalled, then reinstalled uShare. This time all my old shares appeared in the web GUI plus the strange Ushare entry \\hda\Ushare, which is now accessible from Windows XP.

UPDATE:
Looks like I spoke too soon, my smb.conf file is empty again and therefore I cannot access any shares. :evil:

Here's what I did:
I tried to print a document from my Windows XP laptop to my iP3000 printer, which worked hours before, but the printer wouldn't respond.

I then went on my Windows Vista desktop and tried to print, same issue. The document is added to a queue on the local computer, but nothing ever happens. I was also printing from this machine only hours earlier.

On the Vista machine I tried logging in with one of the users I created using the web GUI shortly after the fresh install.
Usually I can access the printer share without logining in, but I wanted to try to connect to the samba server to see if that would fix the problem. Strangely it kept rejecting the password I entered when I first created the account, so I tried changing the password in the web GUI, still no good couldn't connect.

I connected to the server via SSH and tried doing a:

Code: Select all

service smb restart
I tried entering the same password on the Vista desktop again and I got in! Only problem is the only thing shared is the empty Vista share "Printer" folder.

With the SSH I browsed to:

/etc/samba/
Then opened smb.conf in nano:

smb.conf
The file is completely blank (0 lines).

Cpg, I also tried installing the rpm, you PMed me, but I got a 404 error.

I just created a new share called "Temp" in the HDA web GUI and then checked:

/etc/samba/smb.conf
The config was back, but when I refreshed hda on Vista nothing new came up. I then restarted SMB again and straight away all my shares came back to Vista and I can PRINT :mrgreen: .
My HDA:

cpg
Administrator

Postby cpg » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:09 am

btw, there is one (relatively) small issue with ushare, which is that it needs to be restarted for it to pick up new files. there are no other known issues with it.
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1