Folder View and other

apples723

Folder View and other

Postby apples723 » Sat May 17, 2014 7:33 am

How do I change it so that from windows you can see the \\HDA but not be able view any folders on \\HDA with out logging in? And then also requiring log in again to get access to folders? And can I change permissions so that specific users only see specific folders? Also how do I change \\HDA to another name? I also would like to know if its possible to hide \\HDA and only be able to access it by typing in the address bar of Windows Explorer \\HDA? And can I hide the owncloud folder without messing up owncloud? it kinda pointless in have user authentication on Owncloud if you can just got to explorer and go to \\HDA and then go to the owncloud folder.
Sorry to put all these questions at once, but I'm new to amahi but not linux so i'm sure i could login to putty and change all these setting in smb.conf but not sure if that would mess up the whole server.
Thanks

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Folder View and other

Postby bigfoot65 » Sat May 17, 2014 10:21 am

You cannot change \\HDA to another name easily. I suppose it's doable, but we do not provide guidance or support for such. Not sure why anyone would want to change it to an IP address. The intent of \\HDA is to make it quick to enter and easy to remember.

Also you cannot restrict users from seeing any folders prior to logging in unless you uncheck visible in the dashboard per share. The login prevents them from accessing the folders, but not from seeing them otherwise.

With Amahi, you can enforce what folders are read/write and visible to users. This is done via the Shares tab. See the wiki for more guidance.
https://wiki.amahi.org/index.php/Storag ... le_sharing

Users can only access the folders/files you allow them. If you configure access based on the dashboard, then they will only be able to get to what you set. That would apply to ownCloud as well.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2