Computer Account For Amahi Server

iamwally

Computer Account For Amahi Server

Postby iamwally » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:05 am

Hi Folks! I think this would be the right place to ask this. I have a batch file that runs on one of my networked computers running windows. I am using the task scheduler to run it and I want it to run whether I am logged into the computer or not. It is a batch file that runs at 6am every day to print a nozzle check from my epson inkjet printers and it keeps the heads from clogging up. Problem is one of the printers is shared from my amahi server and it needs access which it gets from my user profile. So since I am telling the task scheduler to run it whether I am logged in or not, that printer doesn't print the nozzle check because that computer can't access that printer on the amahi server. How do I build an account on the amahi server for the computer and not just my profile?

Thanks,

John

sgtfoo

Re: Computer Account For Amahi Server

Postby sgtfoo » Sat May 25, 2013 6:56 pm

This is more of a CUPS configuration thing. You want windows permissions to pass thru to the Amahi server's CUPS application to push the print nozzle check. I would suggest reading up on CUPS because it can be VERY powerful for these kinds of things. Enterprise-size/grade print servers can run on CUPS!

maybe start here.. http://www.cups.org/documentation.php
SgtFoo
HDA: VM inside oVirt FX-8300 95w (2 cores for HDA), 32GB RAM (2GB for HDA)
My PC: FX-8300, 16GB RAM, 3x 1TB HDDs, Radeon HD6970 2GB video; Win10 Pro x64
Other: PC, Asus 1215n (LXLE), Debian openZFS server (3x(2x2tb) mirrors)
Modem&Network: Thomson DCM475; Asus RT-AC66U; HP 1800-24G switch