Win 7 share access issue (persistence: logon session) FIXED

modem7

Win 7 share access issue (persistence: logon session) FIXED

Postby modem7 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:56 am

Hey guys,

Having a bit of an issue with the new HDA.

Whenever I log into my PC (from power off), my shares are reconnected, but I need to input username + password each and every time.

Looking in Credential Manager, under Windows Credentials, my HDA's persistence is set to "logon session" and not "enterprise" (which I'm assuming is the root of my issue).

I've tried remapping the shares and clicking "connect using different credentials", but no difference.

Once I log in once during that session, everything (standard access, backups etc) works as normal, and as it should, but again, once I restart the machine, I need to input user + pass again.

Edit: Tried deleting and recreating the Windows Credential under Credential Manager, but still shows as Logon Session under persistence.

Any ideas?

Many thanks!
Last edited by modem7 on Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Win 7 share access issue (persistence: logon session)

Postby bigfoot65 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:59 pm

Don't know if it matters, but I use the same credentials to log into Windows 7 as I do for the HDA. I have saved my credentials for the shares and never had to redo it.

I checked the Windows 7 Credentials manager and I have nothing stored. So it seems the password for the shares is stored elsewhere for me.

Have you checked out the wiki guidance for shares troubleshooting?

http://wiki.amahi.org/index.php/Shares_troubleshooting
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

modem7

Re: Win 7 share access issue (persistence: logon session)

Postby modem7 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:50 am

Right, resolved it.

Seems that when the PC went to add the shares, it added it as PC-NAME/hdausername

Obviously I was rather dumb, and didn't remember networking 101.

If people have the same issue, the fix is listed in the Amahi FAQ (should have really looked at that more in depth huh?).

Just make sure you do not have PC-NAME/hadusername. Just have hdausername.

cpg
Administrator

Re: Win 7 share access issue (persistence: logon session) FI

Postby cpg » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:24 pm

or WORKGROUP\hdausername

with WORKGROUP being the workgroup in your HDA (the default being "WORKGROUP" itself).
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1

modem7

Re: Win 7 share access issue (persistence: logon session) FI

Postby modem7 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:45 pm

or WORKGROUP\hdausername

with WORKGROUP being the workgroup in your HDA (the default being "WORKGROUP" itself).

This is what I tried initially, for some reason it whined about it. Ah well, silly Windows.