Cannot Delete Torrent flux Files from XP

oilytin

Cannot Delete Torrent flux Files from XP

Postby oilytin » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:42 am

Hi,
I've set up torrent flux to save files to /var/hda/files/torrents/ its saving them fine but when i access them via XP it comes up access denied when i try and delete them. Ive had a bit of a look into it and the files it saves are owned by apache with only read permissions for others.
Thanks in advance
Anthony

cpg
Administrator

Re: Cannot Delete Torrent flux Files from XP

Postby cpg » Fri May 01, 2009 2:50 am

the folder should be world writeable, no?

if so, perhaps it's a samba permission problem. try making a share pointing to it with write permissions.

we are considering making apache be group users by default to take care of these situations.
My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 8GB RAM, 1TBx2+3TBx1

oilytin

Postby oilytin » Fri May 01, 2009 9:57 am

First of all great product and thanks for reply,
had more of a look into it after last post the torrent folder is writeable and things i put in there manually can be deleted, but the torrent flux files go into a sub directory for each torrent flux user these files have to be managed from the torrent flux web interface by the looks of things.

Anthony

philote

Postby philote » Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:58 am

I have not used torrentflux with amahi yet, but I had this same issue with torrentflux-b4rt. There are file and folder permission options in torrentflux's admin section (somewhere). You just need to change them so that all users have all access rights. Then you should be able to delete the files from Windoz.