about to switch to WHS

lgarcia80

about to switch to WHS

Postby lgarcia80 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:31 am

I have everything installed, i have an old dell laptop currently acting as my server, fedora 12 installed . I am currently stuck. I log into my hda page, i look at the folder titles "video" "movie" etc. I have spooling on. I have no clue how to copy media files directly onto the samba share from within network computers . With or without amahitunes, I just want to take the files I have from my hard drive and have it loaded onto the Amahi media server, in which I have set up an old laptop to run. Do I need to configue something from the laptop? I just want to be able to add videos or music to the share folder and access them when I need to, or perhaps stream them to an xbox. I'm very close, just can't figure out if I'm missing something in "spool" or from another place? Any help is appreciated for a noob like myself!

thegeebs

Re: about to switch to WHS

Postby thegeebs » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:02 am

Asking 10 questions in a giant ranting paragraph usually doesn't get results. I read your post and I can't figure out what you're asking
Linux is not user friendly!

thegeebs

Re: about to switch to WHS

Postby thegeebs » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:08 am

I loaded files from my networked windows computer to my HDA by typing \\HDA. My movies get drag-and-dropped into \\HDA\Movies. From the dashboard I crated a share called TV (Why don't you amahi people make this default) then used \\HDA\TV to drag-and-drop TV Shows.

Just Type \\HDA into windows explorer or map a network drive as explained in the wiki.
Linux is not user friendly!