CLOSED: Drive forever offline, is there a max number of physical drives allowed in Greyhole?

Boli32

CLOSED: Drive forever offline, is there a max number of physical drives allowed in Greyhole?

Postby Boli32 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:34 am

See below for all the information.

From the start I was having issues with all drives some showing in the greyhole storage pool and some not.

(missing drive5 turned out to be full of bad sectors) and I turned drive7 into a scratch disk landing pad for any downloads, as I know creating and moving small files around messes greyhole and the disk as a whole up

Out of 13 drives, 3 were offline, two have been removed BUT... the issue remains with drive8 with the 'Offline' status. - it has a gh folder and I've reformeted scanned and looked at the drive every which way (even plugged it into different SATA ports) drive8 always appears offline.

Is there a hardcoded max number of drives allowed in the storage pool? I can mount is separate if so; or is there somethign wrong with my system .

https://pastebin.com/ASwjqfYc

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Drive forever offline, is there a max number of physical drives allowed in Greyhole?

Postby bigfoot65 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:00 am

This is a Greyhole support question, not one for Amahi.

Recommend you reach out to the Greyhole author at his site.

BTW, please do not post so much text in the future. Recommend you use Pastebin or similar service if you cannot attach the file.

Marking topic as closed.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

Boli32

Re: Drive forever offline, is there a max number of physical drives allowed in Greyhole?

Postby Boli32 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:09 am

Thank you for the response, I have added a ticket under his system; you can close this post now.

All of my reserch on this subject kept linking here, and multiple tickets always asked for the information dump before any responce would be given. thus the huge list of text for what I knew was a simple query.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:21 am

No worries.

Unfortunately, we don't have the resources to provide technical support for applications. We rely on the authors of the software to provide it as they are the experts.

The Greyhole author used to provide support here, but obviously does not any longer. Hence the information request.

I will update the wiki guidance to provide direction to the author vs Amahi.

Thanks for the feedback!
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2