Greyhole Stopping--Amahi 11 Fresh Install

TeamHodgdon

Greyhole Stopping--Amahi 11 Fresh Install

Postby TeamHodgdon » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:27 pm

I'm having an issue with Greyhole stopping itself when I try to add more than one disk to the storage pool.

I'm running Amahi 11/Fedora 27. This is a fresh install that I just made. I have installed the same apps that I had on my old Amahi 8 instance, but I haven't done any modifications or really anything with the system besides set it up and transfer DHCP/DNS to it which it's doing fine. The text file contains the results of all the information asked for in the Greyhole troubleshooting Wiki.

I have 4 2tb drives installed. One has all the installation partitions and isn't used for anything beyond running the system right now. None of its partitions have ever been added to the storage pool. The other 3 drives are all plugged in. They mounted fine in the disk wizard and the server seems to see them. Each was formatted freshly and I used ext4 for each mount. They all show as 100% empty. The problem is that I can add any *one* of them to the storage pool with no issue. As soon as I add a second, or third in any combination, the Greyhole server stops and can only be restarted momentarily before it stops itself again. When I look at Greyhole status, the second and third drive added will show as "Offline".

Prior to formatting the drives, I could plug them into my Windows 10 system with drivers for ext4 and view the contents. I copied all the data off the drives to the PC prior to their format.

I have two brand new 4tb drives that I am planning on adding to the system tomorrow but I have not yet done so. I was going to try to replace two of the 3 drives with them and see if they can join the storage pool. In the meantime, any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Attachments
Greyhole Offline.txt
(8.2 KiB) Downloaded 211 times

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Greyhole Stopping--Amahi 11 Fresh Install

Postby bigfoot65 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:46 pm

Your drives do not appear to be mounted. The result of:

Code: Select all

df -h
Should sown all drives mounted. I did not see that in the text you provided.

BTW the disk-wizard App app is broken and not working properly for Amahi11.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

TeamHodgdon

Postby TeamHodgdon » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:02 pm

I did mount them, but I used the disk wizard so that's likely my problem. Thanks for the lead.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:04 pm

Let us know if that’s the issue.

Good luck!
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2