Empty Trash using crontab?

beaker2382

Empty Trash using crontab?

Postby beaker2382 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:52 am

I've been reading up on Greyhole and in a few places I've seen references to the need to manually empty the trash from time-to-time.

My question is why is this not a crontab job? Can it be? Why would this be a bad idea?
OR this could be an action button in the Drive Pooling tab of the Amahi Dashboard. That would be a nice feature add, no? Drive Pooling > Status > under the "Run FSCK" get a "Run Empty Trash" button.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Empty Trash using crontab?

Postby bigfoot65 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:31 pm

My question is why is this not a crontab job? Can it be? Why would this be a bad idea?
It can be set up that way if you choose. This is not done my default as it works much like the Recycle Bin in Windows. You can recover deleted files if needed, but once you empty the trash it's gone for good. Not practical to implement this #Amahi wide. It should be a user's choice. BTW, Greyhole is not an #Amahi developed program. We feel it's best let user's manage the trash however they choose.
this could be an action button in the Drive Pooling tab of the Amahi Dashboard. That would be a nice feature add, no?
Yes it could be added. Recommend you submit a feature request.

I empty mine daily most of the time. I accidentally deleted some files and did not realize for 2 days. They were lost.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2