CLOSED: Can't access/see files on one share after reinstall

road

Re: Can't access/see files on one share after reinstall

Postby road » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:02 pm

Did you resolve that symbolic link?
No, I'm not sure how to do so safely. I don't want to create more problems. Any suggestions?
Recommend you move the files to a safe location then remove the affected share and drive.
How do you suggest I move the files?

When I tried this before by moving files to tempbu folder I couldn't get it to work.

On the server, or by taking the drive physically out of the server and using another machine to move files?
When doing these steps ensure you do it as root user.
okay.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:48 pm

Try the following:

Code: Select all

mkdir -p /var/hda/files/temp sudo mv pathoffiles /var/hda/files/temp
To unlink the symbolic link try:

Code: Select all

cd /var/hda/files/drives/drive7 sudo unlink backup
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

road

Postby road » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:31 pm

mkdir -p /var/hda/files/temp
sudo mv pathoffiles /var/hda/files/temp

cd /var/hda/files/drives/drive7
sudo unlink backup
Above done. Getting somewhere I think. thanks for your patience. Symlinks removed, "temp" folder created, path moved, all files have same owner.

How do you suggest I safely move files to the temp folder as there are numerous folders on drive 1 to 8 titled "back-up" containing the files I need to move (see attachment).

There's a reference there to drive28 (which was one of the drives before the reinstall).
Attachments
list of back-up folders on drives.txt
(1.47 KiB) Downloaded 185 times

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:04 am

You should never touch files in the /gh directories. See Greyhole guidance in the wiki. Files must exist in a share before Greyhole can see them.

Only move files from the actual share. Also you should have the mount_local_shares service installed before doing so. Important you understand how Greyhole works before implementing it. Might want to read a bit more about it.

These are advanced Linux user processes and why you are having issues. If you can't sort this out then you may need to seek help thru our paid support or start over.

We can only do limited support here in the forums.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

road

Postby road » Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:47 pm

Okay, thanks for your feedback. I'll consider your suggestion of paid support if I can't work through the issues. I was doing my best to follow the instructions on the Amahi wiki but clearly I didn't understand all the details and it's easy for a noob to make mistakes. You can close this case.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: CLOSED: Can't access/see files on one share after reinstall

Postby bigfoot65 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:43 pm

Yes basic server setup is designed for newbies. Not adding drives and implementing Greyhole. That is something we recommend only advanced users attempt.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager