Reconnect Greyhole Pool after System Disk Crash/reinstall

ronkmd

Reconnect Greyhole Pool after System Disk Crash/reinstall

Postby ronkmd » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:07 am

Hi. I had a System Disk crash and had to reinstall Amahi 7.1. I'd like to reconnect my Pool drives but I obviously don't have my previous fstab info anymore. I also had partition problems on one of the pool drives so I copied the gh folder to an empty drive and plan to reformat the old pool drive and replace the gh folder there again. I need some guidance on how to rebuild my Greyhole pool. I realize I'll probably have to rebuild all my symlinks, so it'll probably take a while. It seems like the Wiki guidance kind of assumes that you have the fstab info from the previous installation. I think that's where I'm unsure. Any help appreciated. Thanks!

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Reconnect Greyhole Pool after System Disk Crash/reinstall

Postby bigfoot65 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:57 am

It seems like the Wiki guidance kind of assumes that you have the fstab info from the previous installation.
You need to mount the drives and recreate the shares as they were prior to the crash.

The previous contents of /etc/fstab are not important. It's the share names that matter. You can then follow the reconnect existing Greyhole storage pool.

That should put things back the way they were.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2