SOLVED: Greyhole Error: no 'storage_pool_drive' defined.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Greyhole Error: no 'storage_pool_drive' defined.

Postby bigfoot65 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:44 am

Wondering if the drives are not properly formatted.

If it's not too late, can you reformat them via command line? Following the Partition/Format command line section.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

Camperdownfamily

Postby Camperdownfamily » Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:33 am

I'll give that a go. I have not yet put any data onto the server because I want to get a fully functional clean install and then take a backup before I put any data onto it.

I'll try this and let you know how it goes.

Camperdownfamily

Postby Camperdownfamily » Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:51 am

Just thought I'd try something before I reformatted the drives.

If I remove two of the three drives from the drive pool, the errors go away and according to the logs FSCK runs successfully on all the shares I tick to put into the storage pool. As soon as I add either one of them again, I get the error back that they are on the same partition.

In Setup > Drive Pooling > Partitions they are showing up as:

/var/hda/files/drives/Greyhole_Pool_1
/var/hda/files/drives/Greyhole_Pool_2
/var/hda/files/drives/Greyhole_Pool_3

Again this is probably just me showing my ignorance of Linux and Amahi, but does that mean they will appear to Greyhole to be on the same partition? Looking in Setup > Disks > Devices they are showing up as /dev/sdb, /dev/sdc and /dev/sdd.

It may also be worth mentioning that I have installed Amahi inside a VMWare virtual machine on ESXi, and the model of all the above drives show up under Setup > Disks > Devices as VMware Virtual disk, however, all the virtual disks I have generated are all physically located in separate drives and Amahi shouldn't be able to tell the physical location of the virtual disks anyway.

Does any of the above make any difference, or do you still think it's best if I go ahead and format the disks?

Thanks

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:08 pm

Does any of the above make any difference, or do you still think it's best if I go ahead and format the disks?
I would go ahead and format the disks. The fact that Greyhole works without them, not doesn't with them indicates to me that there is something wrong with their format.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

Camperdownfamily

Postby Camperdownfamily » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:13 am

I tried formatting the disks as suggested, and something went wrong and Fedora refused to boot, so I reinstalled Fedora and Amahi from scratch and tried again (I didn't format sda!)

Before I used Disk Wizard to mount the disks, followed the formatting instructions on the link you gave me, and then in disk wizard I avoided ticking the Format tickbox in case it was the Disk Wizard formatting which was causing the problems. I just used Disk Wizard to mount the drives and name them. I also used shorter names in case it was the length of the names that was the problem.

Now I have a different issue, but with all three drives connected, and clicking on Run FSCK in the Greyhole UI, the Greyhole log shows the following errors:

Jun 03 09:12:19 WARN initialize: PHP Warning [2]: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/bin/greyhole on line 510; BT: greyhole[L3352] processCommandLine() => greyhole[L3122] getRunner() => greyhole[L3158] process_config() => greyhole[L6144] parse() => greyhole[L147] init() => greyhole[L360] getShares()
Jun 03 09:12:19 WARN initialize: PHP Warning [2]: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/bin/greyhole on line 510; BT: greyhole[L3352] processCommandLine() => greyhole[L3122] getRunner() => greyhole[L3158] process_config() => greyhole[L6144] parse() => greyhole[L147] init() => greyhole[L401] getShares()
Jun 03 09:12:19 WARN initialize: The storage pool drive '/var/hda/files/drives/ghp3/gh' is not part of any drive_selection_algorithm definition, and will thus never be used to receive any files.
Jun 03 09:12:19 WARN initialize: PHP Warning [2]: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/bin/greyhole on line 510; BT: greyhole[L3352] processCommandLine() => greyhole[L3122] getRunner() => greyhole[L3158] process_config() => greyhole[L6144] parse() => greyhole[L147] init() => greyhole[L401] getShares()
Jun 03 09:12:19 WARN initialize: The storage pool drive '/var/hda/files/drives/ghp2/gh' is not part of any drive_selection_algorithm definition, and will thus never be used to receive any files.
Jun 03 09:12:19 WARN initialize: The storage pool drive '/var/hda/files/drives/ghp1/gh' is not part of any drive_selection_algorithm definition, and will thus never be used to receive any files.
Jun 03 09:12:19 INFO daemon: Greyhole (version 0.9.67) daemon started.
Jun 03 09:12:19 INFO daemon: Optimizing MySQL tables...
Jun 03 09:12:19 CRITICAL daemon: ERROR: The following storage pool drives are on the same partition: /var/hda/files/drives/ghp3/gh, /var/hda/files/drives/ghp2/gh, /var/hda/files/drives/ghp1/gh. The Greyhole daemon will now stop.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:18 am

Please post a copy of /etc/fstab.
I just used Disk Wizard to mount the drives and name them. I also used shorter names in case it was the length of the names that was the problem.
Honestly I have seen more issues when users mount and format drives using the disk-wizard App lately. I prefer to mount the drives manually and have not had any problems when doing so.

You might consider doing the same and see if that resolves your problem. The adding a second hard drive to your HDA wiki guidance is fairly detailed.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

Camperdownfamily

Postby Camperdownfamily » Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:20 pm

I think I have got it working now.

I had one hard drive connected to Greyhole, and everything worked fine, but it started showing errors when I connected a second. I rebooted, and then connected the second, and it accepted it without errors, but now started showing errors if I connected the third, so I rebooted the server again, then added the third and it accepted that one as well.

One final reboot to make sure everything was ok, and everything was showing as running fine. I copied some data over just to check everything was working ok, and that seemed to work fine too, and the Greyhole log showed it accepting the data and then moving it to its final location.

A strange workaround, but at least everything seems to be ok. I'll keep an eye on it for the next few days and see that no errors start appearing.

Thank you for all your help and advice.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:23 pm

Happy to help.

Marking this as solved.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager