SOLVED: Rebuilding Greyhole after Amahi 8 upgrade from scratch

jkbuckethead

SOLVED: Rebuilding Greyhole after Amahi 8 upgrade from scratch

Postby jkbuckethead » Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:25 pm

Based on the wiki recommendation, I performed a clean install of Amahi 8. The install used a different hard drive than my Amahi 7 install so I could conceivably revert by swapping OS drives. During the install, my Greyhole data disks were disconnected.

The Amahi install seemed to go okay. Once complete I reconnected the data drives and used the new Disk Wizard to mount them. Unfortunately this is when I ran into a problem. The only Drive Pooling option available is Partitions. I have no Shares or Status options like I had in Amahi 7. I was expecting to use the Shares tab to set the number of copies per share to match my V7 setup, and use the FSCK button under Status to rebuild the database. Without these, I haven't a clue how to get Greyhole working again.

Any suggestions?

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Rebuilding Greyhole after Amahi 8 upgrade from scratch

Postby bigfoot65 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:32 pm

Did you install the Greyhole UI application? That is what provided that functionality in the dashboard for Amahi 7.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

jkbuckethead

Postby jkbuckethead » Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:41 pm

Problem is solved... for now.

Greyhole was installed. The problem was that I had not turned on Advanced Settings on the Settings/Details page. Once I turned this on, the Shares and Status options appeared.

Now I'm just crossing my fingers that FSCK rebuilds Greyhole correctly.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:05 pm

Yes it does help to have advanced settings enabled.

Will close this as it's resolved.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2