Is Greyhole UI the only/best option for Amahi?

miksnake

Is Greyhole UI the only/best option for Amahi?

Postby miksnake » Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:06 pm

I'm just about ready to make the plunge and install Amahi. But, I'm still very concerned about the storage situation. I am a newbie/beginner and have been reading about Greyhole. It sounds like a good solution for providing redundancy to the network but it looks the only option now is the Greyhole UI which costs about $25. The other options for using Greyhole are littered with Warnings and notes about them being out of date or no longer in use.

So, is the Greyhole UI the only/best way to use Greyhole and the best solution for redundant storage within Amahi? Is there an option that doesn't cost $25. I would really like to have redundancy and be able to add additional drives as capacity gets filled down the road.

Thanks.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Is Greyhole UI the only/best option for Amahi?

Postby bigfoot65 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:14 pm

Yes that is the preferred and best option for a newbie. Small cost to pay for a free server in my opinion.

Greyhole can be installed and configured manually as noted in the wiki but recommended only for advanced users since it's all command-line.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2