CLOSED: Previously deleted files in metastore and metastore_backup

highlan

CLOSED: Previously deleted files in metastore and metastore_backup

Postby highlan » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:07 am

So, I'm having all sorts of things happen with my Amahi today!

Anyway, so I ran FSCK, and monitored the greyhole log file and I noticed something strange. I noticed a bunch of files being listed that I had deleted months ago, that are in the metastore and metastore_backup folders.

I deleted the folder titled "Complete" months ago, but the files in that folder are still showing up in the metastore and metastore_backup. Please see below for an example of one of these files.

Code: Select all

Mar 14 22:16:56 DEBUG fsck_file: Got 1 metadata files. Mar 14 22:16:56 WARN fsck_file: WARNING! No copies of this file are available in the Greyhole storage pool. Mar 14 22:16:56 DEBUG fsck_file: Saving 1 metadata files for Torrents/Complete/Warehouse 13 S04E20 DVDRip XviD-FUM[ettv]/Torrent Downloaded From ExtraTorrent.com.txt Mar 14 22:16:56 DEBUG fsck_file: Saving metadata in /var/hda/files/drives/drive3/gh/.gh_metastore/Torrents/Complete/Warehouse 13 S04E20 DVDRip XviD-FUM[ettv]/Torrent Downloaded From ExtraTorrent.com.txt Mar 14 22:16:56 DEBUG fsck_file: Saving backup metadata file in /var/hda/files/drives/drive1/gh/.gh_metastore_backup/Torrents/Complete/Warehouse 13 S04E20 DVDRip XviD-FUM[ettv]/Torrent Downloaded From ExtraTorrent.com.txt
I'm in the process of cleaning up my server to free up some space.

If someone could explain to me how metastore and metastore_backup work, and how I can go in via SSH and delete these files, I would greatly appreciate it.

I have all my shares mounted locally, but looking at the Torrent folder there, does not show the Complete folder. Nor is the folder in the Amahi Trash/Attic.

I appreciate any help.

Thanks.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Previously deleted files in metastore and metastore_backup

Postby bigfoot65 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:39 am

This article may answer why you are having issues:
https://github.com/gboudreau/Greyhole/w ... holeShares

When you deleted the folder, how did you do it? Command line or via Windows client?
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

highlan

Postby highlan » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:21 pm

This article may answer why you are having issues:
https://github.com/gboudreau/Greyhole/w ... holeShares

When you deleted the folder, how did you do it? Command line or via Windows client?
I read the article... Oops. Well now I know.

I used Transmission when I was on Amahi 6. When I transitioned to Amahi 7 (I used the walkthrough that was posted on the wiki), the Completed folder was moved with all my shares.

I then deleted the Completed folder after Amahi 7 was up and running and all my drives were successfully added and the shares were working again.

I am NOT using Transmission on Amahi 7. I decided to use a client computer for that.

I deleted the folder about 6 months ago and used windows via a client - NOT command line.

I am still leary about using command line as I'm really a *nix noob. I'm afraid to move/delete/modify files via command line because I don't want to break Greyhole. I know to use the locally mounted shares via command line, but the Completed folder does not show there. I came from WHS.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Postby bigfoot65 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:12 pm

Understand.

No reason to be nervous about using command line. It's a good idea to learn a little about it and try simple things like changing permissions. There will be some things with a server that just cannot be done with a GUI.

Closing this thread.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2

highlan

Postby highlan » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:18 pm

Understand.

No reason to be nervous about using command line. It's a good idea to learn a little about it and try simple things like changing permissions. There will be some things with a server that just cannot be done with a GUI.

Closing this thread.
So does that mean I can go into the/var/hda/files/drives/drive3/gh/.gh_metastore/Torrents/Complete folder via command line and delete these files directly?

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: CLOSED: Previously deleted files in metastore and metastore_backup

Postby bigfoot65 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:27 pm

Use the Greyhole command line switches. If you do this as root user:

greyhole
You will see the list of options.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

highlan

Re: CLOSED: Previously deleted files in metastore and metastore_backup

Postby highlan » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:30 pm

Use the Greyhole command line switches. If you do this as root user:

greyhole
You will see the list of options.
Will do, thanks.