Shares not in Greyhole Pool

tomtheappraiser

Shares not in Greyhole Pool

Postby tomtheappraiser » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:09 pm

I just realized I posted this follow up in a closed thread.
I just recently got my drives setup. however, hen I hda-diskmounted the drives, it made sda5 disk 1. I have no idea why. So that is where all of my shares are, even though (if you look at the pic on this thread viewtopic.php?f=39&t=5824) I don't have that drive included in the share pool. The drives in my pool are sdb, sdc, and sdd partitioned as drive 2,3, & 4 respectively.
So, my question is, how do I move my all of my shares to the pool, because drive 1 partition is only 7 gigs, which is the maximum it can be.

bigfoot65
Project Manager

Re: Shares not in Greyhole Pool

Postby bigfoot65 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:12 pm

So that is where all of my shares are, even though (if you look at the pic on this thread viewtopic.php?f=39&t=5824) I don't have that drive included in the share pool.
Shares are located in /var/hda/files which is typically the OS drive (root partition) unless you moved them.
So, my question is, how do I move my all of my shares to the pool, because drive 1 partition is only 7 gigs, which is the maximum it can be.
You don't necessarily move the shares to the storage pool in the sense you are asking. Using Greyhole, you determine the number of copies you want of files on a per share basis.

If it's none, then the file is moved to a Greyhole drive and the original share location gets a symbolic link to that file. If you choose a number of copies, then the file is replicated across your Greyhole drives. One of them will link to the actual share via a symbolic link.

The mounting of /dev/sda5 is concerning. Can you post what your /etc/fstab looks like here? I want to see if it offers any clues. The hda-diskmount script should have only picked up on the drives/partitions you added.
ßîgƒσστ65
Applications Manager

My HDA: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz on MSI board, 16GB RAM, 1TBx1+2TBx2+4TBx2